AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/suspension-28/)
-   -   LOW Springs? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/suspension-28/low-springs-180179/)

AudiMyMind 03-04-2012 11:22 AM

LOW Springs?

so im thinking of lowering my 08 A4 S-Line and i dont know if i should go with springs or coils?!?!

PAnick 03-06-2012 09:06 PM

I am getting my Eibach springs put on tomorrow. I just want to get rid of that wheel well gap so spending $250 for springs is more reasonable for me than spending $2,000. I am not going to race it, so no reason for coil overs for me. So, really depends on what you want to spend and why you want them. Good luck, either way they both provide a great lowered look and better performance.

AudiMyMind 03-07-2012 10:09 AM

what do you think about tein lowering springs?? and how many inches are you dropping the front and back??

pa4ul 03-07-2012 11:12 AM

if u plan on running just springs expect your stock shocks to blow fairly soon. coilovers can be had now for under a grand and you can adjust. Thats a plus if u live somewhere where the winters get rough.

AudiMyMind 03-08-2012 02:32 AM

I live in Florida.....what kind of coils do you REC??

b7ghost 04-12-2012 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by PAnick (Post 1369659)
I am getting my Eibach springs put on tomorrow. I just want to get rid of that wheel well gap so spending $250 for springs is more reasonable for me than spending $2,000. I am not going to race it, so no reason for coil overs for me. So, really depends on what you want to spend and why you want them. Good luck, either way they both provide a great lowered look and better performance.

So have you had the work done? Are you satisfied with the look and ride. I am looking for something myself but don't want to spend the money if it wont drop it past where it sits now with the s line suspension on it. I understand coilovers will def. Drop it but I was hoping for a slightly cheaper outlet

PAnick 04-14-2012 08:11 AM

Don't like them. The front is a half inch higher than the back, I am getting them removed and going with H&R or coilovers. The only solution Eibach came up with was to give me a new set of rear springs that would raise it an inch and that wasn't acceptable to me.

pa4ul 05-14-2012 12:13 PM

if u live in florida you should have no worries on brand. Anything that catches your eye. I run tein ss coilovers with koni sport shocks in the rear. Rides very smooth. Almost comparable to stock. Though i did have to get my front fenders rolled remove the top screw and get a thinner tire so i wouldnt rub. And thats cuz im not too low either. Just a warning of what u will be looking at once u go low.

vinnie999 12-21-2012 03:59 PM

My left front is 1.5 inches lower than the right. Shocks seem to be fine. It's an all stock 2001 A6 2.7T. Any ideas? I'm not familiar with Audi stock suspension, is it gas struts or adjustable hydraulic? I see what looks like a level switch but I think it's for self adjusting headlights. Any help would be appreciated.