AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/suspension-28/)
-   -   need help noise comming from front left side (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/suspension-28/need-help-noise-comming-front-left-side-31596/)

audi90s 05-11-2006 10:40 PM

need help noise comming from front left side

hello plz need help when i drive my car strange noise come from front left side.i lift the car i moved the tire left and right so there was a play and when i do up and down its ok.2day i took the car to the garage the guy said cv boot is tornup it need to be replace and cv joint too but i dont think that its a cv joint cuz if the cv joint is not good condition it should make noise in turning but when i turn my car there is no noise.when i drive the car straight it make tick tick noise when i press half brake it make more noise when i press little hard brake the noise goes away so plz can anyone tell what is it?do i need to change cv joint,tie rod end and ball joint?my car is audi 90 1993 front wheel drive.

A4 the Quattro 05-12-2006 03:20 AM

RE: need help noise comming from front left side

if its a squeeling noise.. could be wheel bearing

audi90s 05-12-2006 08:18 AM

Hi
Thanks for reply i jack up the car then run the engine i saw that the left front side wheel is bumping but the alloys are straight i mean no dent no accdented there is noise like tuck tuck and play do u still think that its a barring?i took to the mechanic but he was talking stupid was saying its ball joint,tie rod end, cv joint and break cant be all when i moved the tire left and right there was the play middle of tie rod assambly but i am not sure what is it.and dont know where that nois comming from but i am sure comming from front left disk so plz give me sum idea what should i check what it could be.
Thanks

audi90s 05-21-2006 06:17 AM

hello need help dont know from where the noise comming from plz help me.
Thanks

dxl2749 11-09-2006 02:29 PM

did you check the transmission mount brackets or motor mount brackets?

chrisaudi 11-09-2006 05:25 PM

jack the car up grap the tire top n bottom and see if u can move the wheel is be the bearing

TommyL 11-10-2006 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: A4 the Quattro

if its a squeeling noise.. could be wheel bearing
I second that, sounds like a wheel bearing

intrique420 09-30-2007 09:30 PM

Hi.

I have avibration when I turn left around a left-hand bend. Sometimes I hear a noise, like a rub. It only does it when turning left. It will NOT do it when turning sharp. Also, if I jerk my steering wheel left and right, I hear a glunk under the car.

C4 A6Q 2.8

any ideas??>

as for your noise, I doubt it is the CV joint b/c it would most likely make noise while turning. Wheel bearings sometimes shut up when braking under load, so light braking would make them noisier.

DirtyDaego 10-11-2007 06:03 PM

intrique420, i would agree with the wheel bearing being the probable cause