AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/suspension-28/)
-   -   Nitto Invo tire reveiw (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/suspension-28/nitto-invo-tire-reveiw-62411/)

kraylon 05-02-2007 07:57 AM

Nitto Invo tire reveiw

Here is my reveiw on Nitto's Invo tiresI had Falken's FK 451 225/40/zr18 on my A4 for about 2 years and there where good tires but where noisy and did nothandle that great so when it came time for me to get new tire I did a little reseach and a buddy of mine at work suggested the Nitto Invo's which he has on his stock Honda S2000 with 19's on it, so I looked into the Nittos and read lots of reveiws and other info, which where both good and bad. I made my slection last wensday to get the Nitto Invo's they where put on my car friday and it was very noticable inprovment over the Falkens the Invo's where alot quiter. saturday I took out the A4 for a little fun and to see how well these tires handled andI took some corners hot (around 80-90 mph) and the car stuck to the road like glue I was very impressed, when i would take corners at that speed with the Falkens I would have to let off due to rear end sliding or not being able to hold a good smooth line, but with the Invo tires not the case. Just my reveiw on these tires thatI thoughtI would share with you fellow Audidrivers.I will post pics of these tires on my car soon.

well it did rain tonight andI when out a plqayed in the rain and here is my wet weather reveiw it was about 55 outside and raining pretty steady,so I left for work a little early soI couldmess around in the rain. whenI left the drive wayI gunned it like i normally do to the corner (about 20 feet) tires didn't spin just gripped and went, so then though the rest of the way to the busyer streetsI just did about 20-25mph and the tires where fineI also did a couple of hard stops and still gripped really well. On to the faster streetsI did the speed limit(35 mph)for about a mile then I came to the street thatI turn on and the light was green no one was next to me so i gassed it and look the corner at about 45 mph and still no spin from the tires on this streetI would do short bursts from 40 up to 65 and slow down really fast just to see ifI could find the breaking point of these Nitto tires still gripped, soI stop by my bank for 2 reasons 1)I needed to depoist some money and 2) they have a huge well lite parking lot and since it was 10pm no cars where it in soI would whiped around at 60 in this parking lot and still had lots of grip no hydroplaning it was almost like it was dry out. on to the highway doing 75-80 mph andI never felt like i was hydroplaning or loosing tracktion.

My conclusion is that so farI am very happy with the Nitto Invo 225/40/18's that I bought great when it is dry and when wet out im not going to try my luck with them in the snow cause that could be a diaster. the only thing that I have noticed about these tires is that they don't really like groved pavement it causes them to make a little noise and vibrate a little butI think no tire likes groved pavement, so if you are in the hunt for some super sticky tires that work well in both wet and dry conidtionsI highly suggest these.[sm=happybounce.gif]

Here is another chapter of this reveiw i took a week off work to have some fun and get away from work for a littl while, so on mondayIdid a 150(round trip) moutain run up to Fair Play, CO the road to and from Fair Play has lots of "S" curves and some pretty good strights so i thought it would be fun. I was running the car pretty hard and these tires handled very very well i was very impressed it hugged the road at 90+ mph with no movement from the rear and i could hold as close to the inside of the corner as I needed to. On the return trip home the same results but when i was going downhill in one wide sweeping corner the rear end did seem a little loose but after i looked atmy speed i was doing about 108 mph so that was a little too fast for the corner i slowed down to about 95 mph and no more feeling of the rear end trying to come around. It was a fun run and a great way to push these tires to the limit and the tires did there job and then some.

kakarot 05-05-2007 02:11 AM

RE: Nitto Invo tire reveiw

hmm, I wonder if they make them for my car :)

kraylon 05-14-2007 03:10 AM

RE: Nitto Invo tire reveiw

for sizes look here

http://www.nittotire.com/#index%2Etire%2Einvo%2Esizes