AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/suspension-28/)
-   -   Race springs to Sport springs two thumbs up! (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/suspension-28/race-springs-sport-springs-two-thumbs-up-54879/)

VW01AUDI00 02-19-2007 12:24 AM

Race springs to Sport springs two thumbs up!

I just got done swaping out my Race springs with Neuspeed sport springs.I'm very happy after the test drive Before the car handled great but I couldn't enjoy the ride when I was trying to chill out and relax after work.I'd feel every bump, crack, etc... in the road. So I was looking for more comfort because probaly 6 of 9 last cars I own have been dropped to an extreme drop.The car raised up about 1.25 in the rear and 1/2 inch in the front I think thats just right for every day driving.I drove it on the normal roads and highway near me and it actualy feels like I have some springs on the car now. It sucked up all those anoying bumps in the road with a quick return to ride height.The springs are still 30% stiffer then the stock oem springs that I've ridden in and at about 80-90 mph the rear dips the slittest threw the tighter corners.I would reccommend the sports setup unless your really racing, don't drive the car everyday, or you have smooth roads to drive on Than definatly go with the racing springs.

DavidTurbo 03-14-2007 01:02 PM

RE: Race springs to Sport springs two thumbs up!

Thats great, I've been looking for a spring set up to use. I drive 55 minutes to work and I dont want to feel every bump on the road. Do you have pics of the car? How much did it lower the car from stock? I know you said it raised the the car an inch, Oh and what springs were you using? Where are you in CT?

turbo kraut 03-14-2007 01:32 PM

hey and i got the race spring a couple days ago, so they will go on soon, thanks for the quick shipping luke

i hope to havce them on by mid next month, i will show you pix

here is what it looks like now though
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...O/IMG_0461.jpg

VW01AUDI00 03-15-2007 01:52 AM

Hows it going Davidturbo, you should check out some of my other post under suspension for the full story. I loved the ride with the race springs, but as my only car I have to commute with the tight ride and avoiding opsticles got to be to much.I love the setup I have now its what I was looking for for ride comfort.The ride handling is still very good and it hasn't slowed me down much if I want to push it alittle bit.I bought the Neuspeed sports the drop Is 1.5' front and rear from a non-sport A4 regular ride height / from an A4 with the sports package it drops about .75'.I'm in New Britain CT and Turbo Kraut now has my race springs so will soon get his feed back on how his car is ridin.*Turbo Kraut yeah post some pics and let me know how you like the ride. I've got to resize some new pics when I get a chance than I post'em back here.Heres the only one I think I can post now this is with the racing springs on the car.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21635/9822526374DC43C18AECB1097B9A7C85.jpg[/IMG]

DavidTurbo 03-15-2007 12:03 PM

Thanks for the info vw01audi00, i will look up your posts. The car looks good being that low but going from a 2" to 11/2" shouldnt look that different and if the ride improve its a win win. I've been to new britain and there always doing construction on the roads so I hear what your sayin. Anyways thanks again

VW01AUDI00 03-16-2007 02:26 AM

Ok I got a couple picks resized I'm stripping the molding off and painting the car soon so the car will look very nice when I'm finished with the body, But heres how its sitting. *The third attachment was a before pick not like you can see it anyway I'll get back here later to get some new bigger & better pics

[IMG]local://upfiles/21635/46E3A75415EF4050B1BA7AD3D2A1BE27.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/21635/88B3FD7E49E34F09995F7EE7DBF111D3.jpg[/IMG]

DavidTurbo 03-16-2007 07:48 PM

Are these pics with the sport springs? That looks real good and if the ride is good this is what i might be getting!

VW01AUDI00 03-16-2007 09:38 PM

Yeah those first two pics are the car with the neuspeed sport springs.Theres only about an 1.25' between both front and rear tire to fender gap.the gap looks perfect to me.
***THIS IS NOT MY CAR in this pic but the gap will be the same when I put my wheels on.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21635/86E3BCF3FB4646039799BD9A4CC3F262.jpg[/IMG]

DavidTurbo 03-18-2007 01:47 AM

Thats perfect! looks really good, post some pics when you put them on cuz that silver B5 looks bad ass!

Superdug 03-20-2007 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: VW01AUDI00

Ok I got a couple picks resized I'm stripping the molding off and painting the car soon so the car will look very nice when I'm finished with the body, But heres how its sitting. *The third attachment was a before pick not like you can see it anyway I'll get back here later to get some new bigger & better pics

[IMG]local://upfiles/21635/46E3A75415EF4050B1BA7AD3D2A1BE27.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/21635/88B3FD7E49E34F09995F7EE7DBF111D3.jpg[/IMG]

Are you filling in the holes behind the molding then painting or are you putting the molding back on. I have rarely seen an Audi without the molding and I think it looks bad ass. Please post pics when done.