Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

Yokohama AD08 Neova-Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Default Yokohama AD08 Neova-Review

We recently had an opportunity to test the latest version of the Yokohama Neova-the AD08.

I have been running a set of the AD07 Neovas on my A3 and have been extremely happy with them in both the wet and the dry. But the new version raises the bar considerably.

We put a 19" set on one of our modified Porsche Caymans, this one set up for the track (3.8 liter X-51, Moton suspension, lowered, rear wing, GT3 front end, etc). We ran a day at Lime Rock and a day at the Monticello Motor Club. Very impressive tires!

Excellent grip, very controllable with predictable breakaway and nice even wear. No visible chunking after some very aggressive lapping. The only downside was the grip levels were higher than expected. We wanted to get some nice smoky tail-out shots on a lower speed corner, but the tires would barely break loose.

These are the best dual-purpose (street and track) tires I have ever seen. And the pricing is very good, especially when compared to the Pilot Sport Cup. Inventories are just starting to show up on our shores, but if you are looking for some serious performance tires, I suggest finding a set.

Oh, and they look pretty cool, too.