AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   VAG-COM (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/vag-com-94/)
-   -   Code for Airbag Module (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/vag-com-94/code-airbag-module-208992/)

feirstein 06-27-2014 10:34 AM

Code for Airbag Module

Just changed out my airbag module.
The old and new used unit have the same part number.
The new unit install turned off the dash light.

But the WSC number is one number off. Is it necessary to recode the new unit for all the airbags to work properly?

Carista 06-27-2014 12:07 PM

The workshop code doesn't matter - it's only for "bookkeeping" purposes, so that the dealership knows who was last messing with that module.

But the thing that does matter is the "coding" and "adaptations". Make sure they're the same between the old and new modules. What car are we talking about?

Also, are you getting any error codes from any module, and is your airbag light on?

feirstein 06-27-2014 03:25 PM

My airbag light was on. It is a 2000 A6 Quattro 2.7t.
Which line is the coding and which is the adaptations?

feirstein 06-27-2014 03:26 PM

My airbag light was on. It is a 2000 A6 Quattro 2.7t.
Which line is the coding and which is the adaptations?

sirpainter 05-26-2015 03:03 PM

Airbag Module

I have a 2001 TT Roadster. After looking at all the posting here and bring my car to the dealership this is what I discovered.

Airbag light came on after 6 month storage when first starting the car. The car was garage kept not going below 40F with a high quality battery tender connected.
The car is babied never any damage.
I was told the airbag module would need replacement at a cost of approximately 1K USD ouch.
I removed the module in the center console (fifteen minute job)
Sent the module out to Texas for rebooting (great job)
reinstalled and problem fixed. No light.
Total cost: 89 usd for the mean dealership.
64 usd repair and shipping
No light: priceless
Thank you Audi Forum.

barbsaudi 06-17-2015 01:23 PM

I had the same problem with same fix by Texas. Worked OK until first really cold day this past winter when Airbag light came on again.

sirpainter 06-17-2015 03:59 PM

Did you call the shop in Texas back. They seemed to be very understanding and most likely if it was a short time, they would redo the module again. If you removed the unit then you know it's very simple to take out. Maybe a fifteen minute job at best.

barbsaudi 06-18-2015 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by sirpainter (Post 1493145)
Did you call the shop in Texas back. They seemed to be very understanding and most likely if it was a short time, they would redo the module again. If you removed the unit then you know it's very simple to take out. Maybe a fifteen minute job at best.

The airbag light stayed off for about a year. Only came back on during first really cold day of the year as Texas shop said it would if not hot-wired. No problem with Texas shop.