AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   VAG-COM (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/vag-com-94/)
-   -   HELP VAG-COM TBA needed ='( (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/vag-com-94/help-vag-com-tba-needed-%3D-187818/)

kenman 10-01-2012 12:38 AM

HELP VAG-COM TBA needed ='(

Ok so my engine has stupid rpm issues i want to do a throttle body adaption im NOT payong 400$ to ross tech they can screw them selfs. i paid 9$ for a kkl vagcom from china and the piece of shit wont even work on the software THEY INCLUDED it only works on this chinese non rosstech software and i cant read any of it and some of it my computer cnt read so it shows fractions and stuff like this (Ì* ' ¿nÈgÅžNLN) i cant read this so its of no help i just want to do a throtle body adaption.. please some one give a link or a answer on how i can make my VAG-COM KKL work with vcds lite its in com3 on my pc. i click test and it says PORT STATUS :OK INTERFACE:NOT FOUND!!!
CONTACT HARDWARE SUPPLIER
-_- why cant shit just work? why cant i plug in the damn cable and it have a happy face your cars fixed have a nice day . if only ..... and yes i downloaded VM WARE 5.0 partioned out the disk made a windows xp proffesional bullshit... thats how i got the edition of vcds they provided to even work! then it gave a error and im farly intelligent with computers so speak geak and il understand xD thanks everybody anything helps.

CCA4 10-01-2012 06:12 AM

Unfortunately I don't think any amount of partitioning is going to fix your problem, which is that you're trying to use a $9 Chinese knockoff Vag Com.

If you can't get it to connect, you could also try just turning the key on for a minute or two without starting the car. The throttle body will make a high pitched whining/buzzing sound while it's aligning itself. Not as good as a Vag Com TBA but better than nothing!

jonbonesjones 10-01-2012 08:41 AM

so your running a mac with vm ware. I have an ebay cable and my full version works fine. google the problem you have --interface not found. theres a few you tubes that will show you what to change to make it work. Another problem you will probably encounter is you wont get a full reading cause it will time out. I forget the exact reason but its something along the lines the interfaces chip doesn't keep with with the repetition of the scan so you get a time out error.

kenman 10-01-2012 04:00 PM

il try that. and im on a windows 7 computer. compatibility mode xp sp3 didnt let the program start so i downloaded vm ware and downloaded a windows xp iso with key .. i have access to any programs on the market i pirate stuff... so if that helps at all? i just need drivers for the kkl vag com cable

Mad Cow 10-01-2012 09:11 PM

I could never get my cheap knockoff cable to work, I returned it and bought a more expensive one $60 that's plug and play after installing drivers. The problem with cheap cables is they have a USB-Serial converter which never plays nice with anything, the better ones are native USB, basically a copy of the hardware of a legit cable with hacked firmware. I think the latest version is called the vag commander, but don't quote me on that.

kenman 10-02-2012 12:58 AM

love this car but im getting more and more agrivated with it..... mother fucking car has so many damn problems!!!!!
engine ticking
squeak ac noise
missing engine pieces...
airbag
5w-50 oil -_-
bad radiator hose
parasitic draw
... hey it runs and has ac..... barley

Juszzy 10-02-2012 03:04 AM

There may be a way without the cable

Cheap USB eBay cables work fine with VAG-COM (older) and also with the newer version VCDS. Only vcds will work on 64bit PCs. I personally run vag-com on xp mode through windows 7 and it works fine providing i adjust the com settings and decrease the latency. (need to ensure that you attached the USB to serial hardware to your virtual machine. Assuming you have a licensed copy of vag or vcds. I don't think this forum promotes piracy, so I will leave it at that.

There is a way without OBD. (though this will be argued by some)
1. Open your drivers door fully. (leave open)
2. Turn ignition to accessories (don't put foot on pedals)
- actually don't touch anything but the key.
3. Wait and listen.
- you will hear the throttle adjusting itself
4. Turn the ignition to off after about 2 mins (to be safe)
5. Remove key, close door
6. Fire her up!

This seems to work for my 1.8
Some say it does nothing but i disagree, as you cannot really expect someone to take the car to a dealer for an adjustment every time you disconnect the battery. Plus I use both ways and the result seems the same. Though I have not checked the timing and cannot be 100% certain.

Good luck.

MetalMan 10-02-2012 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Juszzy (Post 1405968)
Cheap USB eBay cables work fine with VAG-COM (older) and also with the newer version VCDS. Only vcds will work on 64bit PCs. I personally run vag-com on xp mode through windows 7 and it works fine providing i adjust the com settings and decrease the latency. (need to ensure that you attached the USB to serial hardware to your virtual machine. Assuming you have a licensed copy of vag or vcds. I don't think this forum promotes piracy, so I will leave it at that.

There is a way without OBD. (though this will be argued by some)
1. Open your drivers door fully. (leave open)
2. Turn ignition to accessories (don't put foot on pedals)
- actually don't touch anything but the key.
3. Wait and listen.
- you will hear the throttle adjusting itself
4. Turn the ignition to off after about 2 mins (to be safe)
5. Remove key, close door
6. Fire her up!

This seems to work for my 1.8
Some say it does nothing but i disagree, as you cannot really expect someone to take the car to a dealer for an adjustment every time you disconnect the battery. Plus I use both ways and the result seems the same. Though I have not checked the timing and cannot be 100% certain.

Good luck.

This method only works when the following conditions are met:

Originally Posted by Ross-Tech website
Here are certain test conditions that must be met before doing a TBA:

-No DTC's in the Engine Controller
-Battery voltage at least 11.5 V
-Throttle must be at idling position (keep your foot off the gas pedal)
-Throttle body part must not be dirty (carbonized).
-Coolant temperature must be between 5 and 95C

kenman 10-18-2012 12:20 AM

figureed it out went to my dads were the cars being stored said hmm (interface) maybe it just needs to be connected to the car sure enough .... wow im a dumb ass 8$ vag com works =)!!!!!! i found EVERY PROBLEM so happy i have so many codes to sort through tho
-_-