VAG-COM (*New* section) Need some help with a VAG-COM? Have some good advice to offer others using a VAG-COM?

Q7 Parking assist - no power to sensors

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 04:36 PM
1st Gear
Default Q7 Parking assist - no power to sensors

I posted this in the "Electronics" forum and haven't gotten any responses. Not sure if it is better posted here or in "General Tech"?

I have a 2008 Q7 with the following error code:

76-Park Assist
01549 Active/static
Supply voltage for park assist sensor - Open circuit/short circuit to ground

I know this is a known issue and have spent some time researching the issue, but need some help.

The back up camera works fine and I get the initial problem beeping as the parking assist is turned on, but nothing after that.

I have listened at every sensor in both the front and rear with the parking assist activated and none of them are clicking. So it seems that none of them are getting power. I have checked all the fuses and they are all good.

I need some more guidance on where to go from here.

As a side note, that may be relevant, this is my wife's car and I think it was going on for a month or so before she told me about it. Around that time of a month ago, it was at the dealer to have the sunroof drainage line repaired which had let water drip onto and kill the MMI control module (I know this is also common and really should have been a recall, but I digress).

I mention the above as the parking assist was working fine before the car went to the dealer. Is there something simple that they just failed to reconnect. Too much time has now gone by for the dealer to just fix this and taking it in is a big PITA anyway.

Anyway, where should I go from here to find the source of the sensor power issue?

Thanks!

Old 12-02-2016, 04:28 PM
1st Gear

Can anyone offer help here? Seems like a pretty common problem.