VAG-COM (*New* section) Need some help with a VAG-COM? Have some good advice to offer others using a VAG-COM?

tiptronics...vagcom??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 07:03 PM
1st Gear
Default tiptronics...vagcom??

tomorow im meeting up with a guy that has a vagcom and im of course going to check over everything after the k04 is in...anything else i should have him do with it??
Also i know there is a way to put the tiptronics in a "sport mode" and this will decrease the shifting time of the EXTREMELY slow tip...does anyone have these codes. i know ive seen them before but i haveno idea where and if anyone has anymore input feel free

Old 03-25-2008, 07:09 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: tiptronics...vagcom??

If I were you I would have him recode the windows to go down with the remote. Also you can have the doors lock at 10mph. Open all the doors/trunk with just pressing the unlock once.

Here's the quick info on the tip changes.

02-Auto Trans : -- KWP-1281
VAG-COM works fine
[blockquote] Recoding Tiptronic: In the newer cars, there are coding options for "Old" vs "New" "Tiptronic strategy". The "New" stategy (introduced in 2000 I think) is much more "automatic" than the old. To get the "Old Tiptronic strategy" where it won't downshift unless you come to a complete stop, I believe you have to change the coding in the following manner: [Select]
[02 - Auto Trans]
[Recode - 07]
Enter the coding below
[Do It!]

Write down the original coding for future reference.
Look at the fourth digit in the coding (Cylinders):

0 or 1 - "New-style Tiptronic"
2 - "Old-style Tiptronic"
Look at the fifth digit in the coding (Market version):

1 - "Rest of world, quattro"
2 - "USA, quattro"
3 - "Rest of world, FronTrak"
4 - "USA, FronTrak"

So, for a USA model A4 quattro, if the original coding is 00002, and you want to change to the "Old-style Tiptronic" strategy, change the coding to 00022.

PS: As always, you play with stuff like this at your own risk. The "old" strategy is documented by VW only for "testing" and they explictly say that the car should be recoded the way it was before giving it back to the customer.
[/blockquote]If you search you should be able to find the rest of other available mods. The tip mod helps but doesn't solve the slow shifting completely. The best way to fix that is with a Giac Tip-Chip
[blockquote][/blockquote]

Old 03-25-2008, 07:21 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: tiptronics...vagcom??

thank you so much!
iknow i was just hoping to shave .2 or something off and i lost my key that works and the key im using doesnt have batteries and i dont know what size batteries i need( any hints) im waiting to get the real tipchip i have someone working on one for my car and shud be in within the next month or so