Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

1998 B5 A4 2.8 quattro 5spd laser red with PES G2 supercharger 153kmiles

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 08:59 PM
1st Gear
Default 1998 B5 A4 2.8 quattro 5spd laser red with PES G2 supercharger 153kmiles

Love this old girl but she's on the edge of being just a bit too much work. This has been my daily for the part 8 years and it has been great but small things (control arms, flex joints, etc) keep popping up and I need a more reliable car to get to work.
The engine is rock solid though, and the supercharger kit has been totally reliable (I bought it used).
Beside the PES I have the S4 shocks and sways, a stiffer snub mount, short shifter, and k+n cone filter. New parts in the past few months are pads and rotors, front upper forward control arms, front driver side half-shaft... probably more but I can't remember.
Cosmetically it's a little rough, the main issue being the bumpers clearcoact peeling. It's never had and accidents or other structural damage.
At the moment there is an issue that I haven't quite figured out - though it was the CV hence the new half shaft. Sort of a rubbing sound related to wheel speed that goes away under acceleration + deceleration. Don't think it wheel bearings, but I don't know.
I'd like to pass it on to someone that will appreciate it, either by putting some work in or maybe using the engine in their own project.
Right now I'm just gauging interest as I'm still in the process of finding a new car (looking at a b7 avant tomorrow). I'm in the Boston MA area. If you're interested let me know and I can answer questions or post some pictures.
​​​​​