Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

2001 A4 2.8 5-speed NYC area or Cleveland, OH area

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 12:42 PM
1st Gear
Default 2001 A4 2.8 5-speed NYC area or Cleveland, OH area

Hey guys, just found out that i'm pulling the trigger on a Touareg and need to get rid of my car. I rarely post here, but have relied on this community for its wealth of knowledge.

2001 A4 2.8, 5-speed, silver/black leather, Xenon headlights, sport package, Bose sound, currently mounted with snow tires (bought last month) and comes with a set of summer tires (bought at the beginning of last summer). I'm the 2nd owner and have owned since May 2010 when i bought it from the DC area with 85+k miles. Car currently has 151xxx highway miles. The car is in GREAT shape and i hate to get rid of it. Because it spent so many years in DC there is little to no rust on this car.

It needs front brakes and a detail that i'll have done before letting it go.

It has a full service history from the first owner and i've done all the work since myself. Rear brakes fall of '10, New front control arms/axles put on at the end of last summer, new bearings about the same time and that's about it. This car has been unbelievably reliable. I've changed the oil every 3-4k with mobil-1 0w-40 full synth and only use 93 at the pump.

Known current issues are few: Aux a/c fan makes noise sometimes while warming up. has only been an issue in the cold weather. Heat is still hot and A/C blows ice cold. The coolant temp sensor works on and off. On really really cold days (below 15f) there is a slight oil burning smell while the car is warming up. The amount must be very small, though, as i lose less than a quart of oil per 3-4k. No drips and no obvious wet marks. There is a check engine light on now for the vacuum system, but its been on for 40k+ miles and i can't figure out where the leak is... hasn't affected anything.

The interior is a 5/5 with no leather wear/cracks. Never smoked in, no kids or dogs. All electronics work (windows/sunroof ect)

The exterior has a few scratches and dings (drivers door has about 4 vertical door dings from the previous owner, paint is not chipped) and the rear bumper has an area that is spidered but not noticeable from a distance. There is also a small ding near the gas filler. Nothing more than you'd expect from an '01 car. No paint chips that need urgent attention.

Price: 5k pretty firm

Last edited by lor2435; 12-11-2012 at 09:41 PM.