Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

FS: '01 A6 4.2, H&R Coilovers, Brembos, BBS CH's, Milltek etc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Default FS: '01 A6 4.2, H&R Coilovers, Brembos, BBS CH's, Milltek etc.

This is a low mileage one-owner California car in great colors with desirable options and modifications. It has been very well taken care of by its enthusiastic owner in a no expense spared fashion.
I bought this car new at Audi of Livermore in October of 2001. It had previously been used by the owner of the dealership, Bruce Qvale (of Qvale Mangusta fame) and had about 7,000 miles on it when I got it. It has always been well-maintained at the dealer and has no needs. Everything works properly and I am selling it because I have many cars, not nearly enough garage space, and another car being restored that will need somewhere to live. The Audi has about 34,000 miles from new and everything works properly. It is fitted with every option that was available except for the integrated phone (which would now be obsolete anyway). This includes the Sport and Cold Weather, Navigation system etc.

Features/equipment: It has front and rear heated seats, heated steering wheel, ski sack, sport package (sport seats front and rear and wheels), navigation system, rear sunshades (manual ones in doors and electric one in parcel shelf), sport package, rear parktronic, multifunction steering wheel, and 6-cd changer. The car also has rubber all weather floormats and a bra that I used to use before I got the clear bra. Both of these are original Audi accessories from the dealer.

I had originally wanted an S6 (this was before the RS6) but insisted on a sedan, so I gradually upgraded this car with a number of high quality, no expense-spared parts to make it a more performance oriented machine. The total for all upgrades is in the neighborhood of $20,000
Cosmetic:
Tinted windows: 50% in the front, 20% rear
Audi rear spoiler
Clear bra
I also added a little ā€˜S-Lineā€™ badge to the front grille. It is easily removable
Performance:
H&R adjustable ride height coilovers
Hotchkis sway bars, front and rear
Full Brembo front brakes including red calipers, two piece floating rotors with aluminum hats, stainless lines, pentosin fluid etc.
Unichip-installed and tuned at the Racerā€™s Group at Sears Point (now Infineon) raceway
19ā€ BBS CH wheels with 265/30/19 tires. AND 18ā€ RS6 replica wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak tires (less than 500 miles)
Audi valve caps
Milltek resonator-less exhaust system (sounds great!)
Iā€™m not sure of how much power it makes but using conservative percentages, and based on the original quote of 300hp, 350hp does not seem too unreasonable to me. Though it is a large car, it handles very nicely, and in addition to having more power, chip makes the car noticeably more responsive and eager than it was before. The exhaust system is also a really knock-out set up that sounds great. I heard an S4 with this system and chased the owner down until I found out what kind it was.
Condition: The car is in great original condition. It has always been garaged and regularly detailed with Griotā€™s Garage products. I had the front bumper repainted and the holes from the front license plate filled in when I bought the car, and other than that, it has never had any paintwork or accidents. It has shared daily driver duties with three or four other cars and I have used it for the occasional trip. I have taken it to Lake Tahoe five times for no more than a week each, and thatā€™s the only time itā€™s been in the snow. Cosmetically, it is in great condition. There are a few chips and scratches associated with use, but there are certainly fewer than average for the mileage, and the car still looks stunning. The interior is showing no noticeable wear, other than the slightest bit on the driverā€™s seat bolster. Before I bought the car, there was a tear in the left rear seat that was repaired and is just barely noticeable now. There have been two chips in the windscreen which were both professionally repaired. A couple of the BBS wheels have some scratches to them, and there is a bulge in the sidewall of one of the tires. This tire should be replaced.
The car is fully up to date on service and comes with all receipts from new, in addition to the full manual pack with all books etc.
It was my intention to sell the BBS's separately (so the car comes with the 18" RS6 replica wheels with snow tires), but they can be negotiated into the deal in the $1500 range.
I really have no idea what the car is worth and of course I know Iā€™m not going to recoup what Iā€™ve put in. I guess Iā€™m entertaining offers in the mid $20ā€™s. If that fails, I may just put it on ebay with a reserve of $20k and see what happens.
The car is available for viewing in Oakland, California. Iā€™m posting the pictures I have now but am planning to take more this weekend.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:12 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: FS: '01 A6 4.2, H&R Coilovers, Brembos, BBS CH's, Milltek etc.

That is a sick ride. Good luck with the sale

Old 03-11-2007, 05:40 PM
1st Gear

I want to know if the car has had any paint work, or ever been in an accident? Please email me at travisfaulk@gmail.com Will you take any trades?

Old 03-12-2007, 12:44 AM
3rd Gear

Looks great. Good luck with the sale. Wish I lived closer...

Old 03-16-2007, 02:37 AM

Thanks for the positive feedback all. The car is tentatively sold at $25,000.