Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

FS: 2006 Audi S4 25quattro Special Edition #15 of 250

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 03:37 AM
1st Gear
Default FS: 2006 Audi S4 25quattro Special Edition #15 of 250

For sale is my 2006 S4 25quattro. Wouldn't of guessed n a million years I would be offering this car for sale anytime soon, but I got a chance to pick up a B7 RS4, which I did, so I'm going to have to let this beauty go. This 25th Anniversary Edition S4 is #15 of only 250 made.

This Special edition is differentiated by:

•First S4 to feature the new Torsen T-3 asymmetric ATB centre differential w/ a 40/60 front/rear torque split (maximum of 100% torque can automatically be apportioned to the rear axle).* A much better RWD-like feel. All other 06 and prior year S4's were front axle biased

• Navigation (RNS-E)
• (2) Slot SD Memory Card Reader behind Nav screen
• Voice Activation Phone Dialing
• Bluetooth
• Bose premium sound system
• 6-Disk CD Changer in Glove Box
• Sirius Satellite Radio lifetime subscription
• Carbon Fiber Front Splitter & Rear Spoiler w/ “DTM” Bumpers/Rocker Moldings
• Black Pearl Painted Grille w/ Quattro Badge
• DTM Edition 18-inch 15-spoke alloy wheels
• Racing inspired rear tow hook (red in color)
• Thick Weave Carbon Fiber interior belt-line trim (same the RS4 Carbon Fiber trim)
• Adaptive/Auto Level Bi-Xenon Headlamps
• Power Glass Sunroof
• Homelink
• Automatic Daytime Running Lights
• Rain Sensing Wipers
• Power/Heated Front Seats
• Memory Driver Seat (4-Memory Spots)
• Auto-Dim Inside Rear view Mirror with Compass
• Power, Auto-Dim, Heated, Memory, Power Folding (Collapse) Exterior Mirrors
• Exterior Color: Avus Silver (Only available on this car, RS4. euro RS6, and Special Order from Audi) As you can see in the photo's in bright sunlight it's a medium silver and at dusk/overcast light it has a hint of blue to the silver.
• Interior Color: Hand Made and Stitched Jet Grey/Black two-tone Silk Nappa leather RECARO seats with “quattro” embossed on each seat
• I have the OEM decals that go on the front doors under the body side molding. The original owner never installed them and neither did I (personal preference).

More about the car:

• Fortitude Driven : CLICK
• 25 Questions with AOA’s Project Manager : CLICK

Background on the car:

I purchased this car directly from Farmers Insurance. It was declared a total loss from mechanical damage. It did NOT have any body or physical damage. Long story short the engine was beyond repair so went searching for a suitable low mileage used motor. After a LONG TIME of searching I located an S4 motor that had less than 50k miles on it. The 25quatrro S4 had 76,433 Miles on the odometer at the time of the swap. Had my mechanic's shop do the motor swap who did an awesome job btw. As this was to be my personal car I spared no expense on the job. As a precaution, while the motor was out, I had a new clutch installed, flywheel resurfaced, had the valve cover gaskets replaced, serpentine belt replaced, along with many fittings and other misc parts replaced with new parts. After the completion of the swap, the motor ran perfectly and the car drives brilliantly.

The Downside:

Since it had been written off as a total loss by the insurance company it will have a salvage history. One of the aux radiators was cracked and the coolant system was dry so the assumption is the previous owner blew up the motor while driving without coolant and somehow got the insurance company to cover it.

The car is in excellent condition inside and out. The exception is the front bumper has quite a few stone chips (as pictured). I was going to have it refinished but hadn't yet.

I have all documentation and pictures from when purchased from the insurance company to the motor swap and all other work performed. *The car currently has 78,116 miles on the clock.* I am motivated to sell but please serious inquiries only! This is a great value for this S4's exclusivity and features. Asking $23,500 and I'm located in San Diego, CA. Original MSRP was over $60K. Please email me at jonnyc545@gmail.com or call/text me at 858-366-8666 if interested

Last edited by jonnyc545; 10-01-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:05 PM
1st Gear

price and location?

Old 10-01-2011, 02:56 PM
1st Gear

Oops, forgot those minor details. $23,500 and I'm in San Diego, CA

Old 10-06-2011, 12:01 AM
1st Gear

This is a fantastic car and a great paint color. I own an '04 S4 that was special ordered with the Avus Silver and it really does set it apart on the road.

IMHO, the salvage does wipe out the value added by the special edition. A non-numbers matching car just isn't a collectors item. The special edition is KBB 24k, but the standard edition is $20k. If this were a bit closer to $20k or had less than "daily driver" miles, you'd have an easy sale, but may be a tough row otherwise.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:39 PM
1st Gear

Bump Please