Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

Selling 1996 Audi A4 Quattro 170k miles in Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 05:18 PM
1st Gear
Smile Selling 1996 Audi A4 Quattro 170k miles in Los Angeles

Selling my 1996 Audi A4 Quattro. I have owned and loved this car for the last 10 years, but alas it is time for me to let it go as I move on to something bigger. It's been a great car, and has taken me from back roads of Wyoming to the streets of Los Angeles.

Clean title, easy transfer.

I'm selling this car as is - there are a few repairs needed that are listed below and came straight from my trusted mechanic. Just one or two things will get you on your way! This car is also great for those looking to rebuild a car - whether pros, hobbyists or parents trying to bond with their children over a car project. It was manufactured right before Audi began to make their cars with expensive parts and difficult builds that made it hard for home mechanics to work on. So this car could be a dream for someone just looking to get on the road, or someone looking for a new project!

Features:
- all wheel drive
- automatic transmission
- heated leather seats
- ice cold AC
- sunroof
- back tires less than 2 years old, front tires less than a year
- new battery
- Bose sound system
- 6 CD player + aux cable for the tape deck

Little Gems you won't find in a newer Audi:
- front seats recline all the way back!
- can charge device even when the car is off! (I'm going to miss this the most)
- ski bag. This lets you transport your skis through the middle seat, but in a built in bag that protects your leather seats from wet snow!
- cheaper insurance!

Repairs/things to be aware of:
- New rear brake pads needed asap. Rear @2mm, Front @8mm.
- Replace ignition coil to clear misfiring in cylinder 3.
- Air fan. AC and fan still works, I can just hear that the fan needs to be tightened.
- There is no heat in the car. This was a choice I made 3 years ago, but it is reversible if you find you need heat (I haven't since I live in LA and there are heated seats on the few nights a year I want heat)
- The left rear tail light cover is broken, but the bulbs work so it is fully legal to drive (I asked a cop). Up to you if you want to replace, should be pretty cheap. No other damage was done - I just backed into a low table someone had left by the dumpster in my super tight tandem parking space.
- There is a battery quick disconnect installed on the battery. My mechanic installed it years ago to give me a way to disconnect the battery if I'm going to leave it sitting for 2+ weeks while I'm away, and I suggest you do the same to ensure that you have full charge on the battery when you return.
-Few cosmetic things on outside and in that come with a car of this age.

Overall, this has been a bang-up car that is incredibly fun to drive. It is an older car, but with a repair or two it will be dependable for you too.

Asking $1800.

See pictures and contact me through my craigslist ad: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...272742662.html