Archive - Want to Buy Looking for someone to buy from a vendor or a private owner?

100 ls

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 04:50 AM
1st Gear
Default 100 ls

Hey all. New fella here, but not new to the game. I'm one of those eccentric fellas, of the younger generation, that has a C1 1973 100LS. To make a long story really short, my machine shop has lost my engine. They have the head, but claim to have lost the rest. How one loses an engine is beyond me. I usually have plenty of drivetrain parts lying around for the old Benz's, but not this one. I've had the car for 10 years now. It's time to get it back on the road.

Can any of you direct me to where I may be able to buy a drive train? I'll also be wanting a transmission, and automatic to be exact. I would definitely prefer a standard, but the odds of finding the correct interior bits is unlikely. I think these used the same auto transmission that any other VW product of the era used. If not, please enlighten me. If it comes down to someone needing to know the engine code I'll research it to find out, but until I find something I'm not too concerned about that.

I'll even buy a whole car if the price is right. Any leads>?!? Thanks all AARON