West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

any cool twisty roads around in San Jose Area?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Default any cool twisty roads around in San Jose Area?

I need some twisty roads.... I havent taken my car on Hicks Road yet but I have taken it off sandhill... pretty nice drive when you dodge bicycles. Any places?

Old 05-05-2005, 06:10 PM
mjc
1st Gear
Default RE: any cool twisty roads around in San Jose Area?

Take 84 west and past Skyline, it'll "turn" into LaHonda road or take Alpine, west of Skyline

heck, any of those road off Skyline will give what you're looking for

Old 05-09-2005, 05:38 AM
1st Gear

twisty roads....ok there's bailys...which is the connection for almaden valley to gilroy...but i'd defiantely be careful if you go at night esp on the weekend, a lot of the highschool street racer people end up there so i'd stay away...

then tehre's always highway 9...always a favorite for me...its the highway that used to connect santa cruz to saratoga and the rest of the southbay...its a two lane highway...and i mean its fun to go on the weekend, because as you go up it in saratoga you come to "vista point" and you'll see at least 40-50 bikes out there...the only problem is if you want a spirited drive, you sometimes get stuck behind slow cars, and since its a 2 lane twisty highway, not very many places to pass....but its a fun drive, even when you're only going 40-50...i'd be careful about speeding out there though, cause lot of sharp turns....but christ its fun as hell...

-raj

Old 05-26-2005, 02:30 AM
1st Gear

okay this thread is hecka old..but if u happen to read this..

there's always 17 which is a favorite if ure willing to drive to santa cruz...but one that not many people know about is the drive up mt hamilton..it's pretty dangerous and if ure afraid of heights and cliffs i wouldnt recommend it...but it's SUPER twisty and it's a two line across the edge of the mountain..it's really nice u can see a view of the entire san jo area from up there...but dont stare too long cause u might just go off the cliff..but yeah...just be careful..but yeah it's really twisty if u can hang..

Old 06-14-2005, 02:46 AM
1st Gear

Dude I know where that place is... That place is SICK!! AND SCARY!!

Old 07-14-2005, 06:22 PM

OK. How does one find Mt Hamilton?

NTM

Old 08-10-2005, 02:56 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Manic Moran

OK. How does one find Mt Hamilton?

NTM
take the alum rock avenue exit off 680...then go all the way up in the direction of the hills...you'll be going up for a while...then eventually a sign will say make a right to follow mt. hamilton..follow that road and there you go...itll take u all the way to the observatory at the top of the hill..it's a scary drive at night but if you make the drive...the view from the top is absolutely breathtaking...i can see a good portion of san jo from my back yard...i haven't been to the top of mt. hamilton but i can only imagine what the view would be like from up there..

Old 08-13-2005, 06:38 PM
1st Gear

hwo do u get to mt hamilton from the san jo area

Old 08-23-2005, 10:31 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ///A4

hwo do u get to mt hamilton from the san jo area
read above directions...it is from san jo...680 is in san jo too..the exit is alum rock avenue in san jo..if u want more specific directions PM me..

Old 09-15-2005, 06:00 AM
1st Gear

jw is it 680 north or south?

Quick Reply: any cool twisty roads around in San Jose Area?