Archive - Wheels/Brakes/Suspension List your Wheels/Brakes/Suspension parts for sale within.

Buying Springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Default Buying Springs

I recently bought Neuspeed springs from shox.com for my A4. Despite all efforts to determine out how much they would lower the car, they were wrong.

The springs lowered my car more than 3 times the amount they said, and the car was unsafe to drive. These kinds of things happen all the time. Mistakes occur, but it's how companies deal with the mistakes that set apart the jokers from honest businesses.

Of course shox.com was worthless in solving this and sent me to the manufacturer, who after all, make the claims about their products.

When I approached Neuspeed about receiving springs that made my car unsafe to drive, they blamed my mechanic (Eurotech Motors in Los Angeles, who is one of the top Audi shops in the world). Eurotech, agreed to try a few suggestions from Neuspeed all on my dime, only to go full circle and determine that the springs were faulty.

The "sales department" at Neuspeed, or Joseph, led me in circles for 6 months, during which time I couldn't even drive the car. Instead of just taking care of the mistake from the beginning, they questioned everything I told them. It was truly astonishing to purchase a product from what I thought was a quality American manufacturer, only to be met with a bitter attitude for buying their parts. In an economic recession it would seem important to uphold good customer relations.

Very puzzling. No wonder shox.com doesn't carry their products anymore.

Be careful buying suspension parts. Learn about your model. Search the forums. and don't be afraid to talk directly to the manufacturer about their parts, warranties, etc.