Archive - Wheels/Brakes/Suspension List your Wheels/Brakes/Suspension parts for sale within.

FS: 18" SRR Comps w/ Potenza S-03's

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 02:00 AM
Default FS: 18" SRR Comps w/ Potenza S-03's

I know new users posting stuff for sale can be iffy, but its not the case here. Im active on bimmerforums and my local bmwcca board with my M3, but because my A4 is just my daily and almost totally stock, I never felt the reason to join a board. Will anyway Im trying to clean up my basement by selling some of car stuff and first up are my wheels to the A4.

Wheels: SSR Competitions
18.5"x8.5" with +35 offset

Tires: Potenza S-03
225/40ZR 18 88Y

I got the wheels a couple of years ago and only ran them for maybe 6 monthes and put less than 8K miles on them. I took them off because somehow I managed to hit something and split one of the side walls on the tires. Since then they have been stored in plastic bags in my basement until I could figure out what I wanted to do. I ordered the wheels/tires from tire rack but the front tires always would rub the inside of the front fenders when the suspension was compressed. In hindsight I needed to roll my fenders, but I had neither the tools or friends with tools to get that to happen. I also needed to get aftermarket shocks/springs because it looked like a truck with the stock suspension.

The Good: The tires have roughly 8k on them and were never rotated so the rears (the messed up tire was on the front) all have even wear
The wheels look like new except for a couple blemishes I will list

The Bad: One of the front tires wont hold air so the new owner will need to pick up two new front tires (I guess you could save the good front tire as a spare)
The wheels have two issues; the wheel with the bum tire has a small nick, maybe the width and depth of a pickie nail in size and one of the other wheels has a chip out it from hitting a curb when I was parallel parking

Unfortunately I cant post pics right this second because the screen on my digital camera got smooshed and I havent felt like dropping $100 plus getting them fixed. Im gonna see if I can grab a camera from work tomorrow, take pics tomorrow night, and post them on Thursday.

I live in St. Charles, MO and due to the lack of german cars of any type, Im willing to ship the wheels if necessary. I would rather not seperate the wheels and tires, but if the buyer doesnt want the split tire, I can understand and take it somewhere to be removed. I also have the set of bolts that came with the wheels that I can include but Im sure shipping them wont be cheap. I plan on selling my A4 sometime in the spring and if I can sell it locally, Ill post it on here.

Oh, if anyone is interested, email me at tmk9883@gmail.com because I wont be checking back here to often, just to add the pics.

Thanks,

Tim

Old 11-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Default RE: FS: 18" SRR Comps w/ Potenza S-03's

I took some pics last night. They are kinda crappy because it was dark. Im gonna take some more this weekend.

Thanks and Ill post some more pics this weekend.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:26 PM

Oh, I forgot to post a price. $1500 obo, not including shipping.

Thanks.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:01 AM

Price reduced. Would make a great stocking stuffer.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:43 AM
1st Gear

ahm, yeah... dude, it looks like you cracked a rim and blew up a tire and now trying to pass it for a minor "nick" on the rim... and even if that's just me beingf paranoid, I'd only consider these for about 500-600... if I'm completely worng on the condition and your price requirements are within my range or close, do email me, because, the good news is: I like these wheels - they'd look pretty hot on my whip