Archive - Wheels/Brakes/Suspension List your Wheels/Brakes/Suspension parts for sale within.

red brake warning

Old 01-18-2012, 08:06 AM
1st Gear
Default red brake warning

hi,

I have this strange error.
When I start the car the sign 'OK' commes up but after 2 seconds I get the red brake warning flashing and it beeps 3 times. When I drive it just keep showing and it never dissappears.
It started 2 days ago, my car was left the whole week unstarted but i tried to start it and it directly gave that error.

I handed it in to the garage but when the read out the computer it didn't give any error and the whole braking mechanism was working right, abs is also working fine.
they replaced the sensor in my braking fuel but that didn't solve, they even replacyed the fuel can but this didn't solve as well, they looked at the wiring and all was fine. They now guess it's because of bad battery but my battery is fine as well

Can someone please help with this problem cause my garagist is out of idees and so am I, this probably will cost me again a lot of money *sigh*

my car is a audi A4 quattro from the year 2000

Old 02-21-2012, 11:02 AM
1st Gear

This is the "for sale -wheels/brakes/susp" forum, you need to click the "edit" button (with the pencil, upper right corner), then highlight everything and copy it, then delete the post here and post a new topic over in the A4/tech help section for your car, you'll get some answers then. Good luck!
-Tom

Old 02-23-2012, 08:21 AM
1st Gear

it solved his own :s really strange

well i don't see where the delete button is, must be blind

Old 02-23-2012, 04:54 PM
1st Gear

Sorry, I told you wrong! The "Edit" button doesn't have a pencil, it's at the bottom; delete is probably within the edit page. Not deleting is no big deal, in any case!

Your intermittent/self-curing brake warning could be a low battery; these cars (with Bosch ABS) are really quite sensitive to battery voltage and often the first sign of a battery dying is ABS/brake warning lights - especially if the weather is cold (battery's chemical reactions are slowed by the cold). Drive it more or put a trickle charger on it.