AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Archive - Wheels/Brakes/Suspension (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/archive-wheels-brakes-suspension-62/)
-   -   For Sale: Snow tires on rims (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/archive-wheels-brakes-suspension-62/sale-snow-tires-rims-141555/)

RSHouck3 11-08-2009 09:48 AM

For Sale: Snow tires on rims

5 Attachment(s)
I have sold my 2002 Audi S6 Avant and have 4 wheels and snow tires for sale. The wheels are Ronal and are marked 7.50J x 17 112, ET 45. They are 5 bolt and (apparently) 112 mm. I have had them put in round and balanced by an expensive ($150 per wheel) process and have the computer print out showing no vibration. They have not been mounted since this process. The tires are (almost) new Michelin X Pilot Alpin 225/45R/17. I think $1,000 is a reasonable price for the four. Tires alone would be almost that much. These are heavy and probably have to be picked up. I am in northern Westchester County, New York. Don't go through another winter without snow tires. Quattro is great but snows do make a difference. With state and local governments strapped for cash, you can bet snow removal will suffer. rhouck@evw.com

RSHouck3 01-12-2010 05:31 PM

Tires/Wheels SOLD

This relates to the Ronal/Michelin snows on wheels for the 2002 Audi S6 Avant. The buyer decided the color was not quite right, so I took them back. No problem, but now for sale again. Please note the color of the wheels. To my knowledge, this was his only problem with the wheels.

RSHouck3 08-04-2010 07:50 PM

S-6 Snows and Wheels

These great tires and wheels remain in my garage. I was not going to mention them until closer to the snow flying, but I got a reminder from the Forum asking me to show signs of life. BTW - I sold the Audi because the main computer died 2x. Both times it simply stopped operating whille I was doing 75 mph on the Interstate. Speed dropped to about 3 miles an hour in a few hundred yards. No fun. Very dangerous. Very, very expensive to repair. $5,000+.

aznsap 08-08-2010 03:37 PM

would you sell the tires separately? where are you located? how much shipped for tires alone to chicago, il?

RSHouck3 08-09-2010 10:52 AM

Snows w/o Wheels

I would be willing to separate, but I would have to figure out 1) cost of dismounting from wheels and 2) freight. Freight should be easy to do since UPS and Fed Exp do this all the time. It's a matter of weight and distance. Of course they have to cost you less than new ones, but I can't end up with less than if I just threw them away. I am not sure how this website works with emails. My own email address is rshouck3 [at] yahoo.de. Rob

RSHouck3 08-14-2010 09:58 AM

Snows on Rims

Apparenly tire sellers generally estimate $20 per tire for shipping. This is for the tire alone. If actually less, of course I would charge less. But selling the tires without the wheels means not getting the benefit of expensive dynamic balancing on expensive specialty Italian equipment. (I watched the process and have the computer print outs).

RSHouck3 11-07-2010 10:34 AM

These tires (almost new and balanced on rims) are still for sale. Located in northern Westchester, New York. Note - there are no wheel caps. I sold these tires once but they were promptly returned (and I willingly accepted) when the new owner noted the color of his caps was a slightly different silver than the ones he had.