Wheels and Tires Post up threads with questions about wheels and tires for your Audi here

better tires on my avant

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Default better tires on my avant

'04, 1.8t, quattro, avant, etc...

i just bought it, and it has these little bicycle tires on it. i want to keep the stock 17" wheels, but what kind of tires can i put on 'em? i also have a jeep wrangler for the heavy snow but i want something that looks good, and is still drivable in the light snow/ice. what size can i get away with, and what looks good? a combination of the two would be ideal. your help (with pics for bonus) is greatly appreciated.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:26 AM

I have not had a chance to try out the Response Edge yet but I did attend a Bridgestone "Ride and Drive" where we got to drive various Bridgestone tires against comparable Michelin models. Michelin tires are rather more highly regarded then comparable Goodyear models in most cases.The Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position has nearly as much dry grip as the non all-season RE050A and had the best ride of the high performance tires. Only the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity rode better but that is a Touring tire so you'd expect that and naturaly the RE960AS offered better handling. The Pilot Exalto AS was not a bad tireby any means, but clearly not as good. Looking at the Response Edge and examining what goes into it, I can not see how that could even compete with the RE960AS in bad weather. The Bridgestone is simply a brilliant tire. The new Eagle F1 All-Season is maybe a closer comparison to but I have not even seen one of those in person yet since they are so new. Not even sure if it is available yet. I'd probably still go for the Bridgestone though. Like I said, its simply brilliant.

HID Kits

Old 08-17-2010, 04:45 AM

you should always have your better tires on the front of your car no matter front or rear wheel drive; reason being 80% of your breaking is in the front; steer traction in the front ; and if you blow a tire you want it to be in the rear so you can still steer brake and have control of the car.