Wheels and Tires Post up threads with questions about wheels and tires for your Audi here

Opinions on these "Cheap" Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Default Opinions on these "Cheap" Wheels

Been looking for New Wheels for my 2002 A6 4.2 and came upon these ones on sale at The Tire Rack for $139ea. Normally $200ea. They are licensed to be made by BBS so I assume they should be decent quality. Only issue is they are in 19" and I wished for 18"... Any Thoughts as to tire size without issues? Oh and it states they come with new lugs also...

Old 12-04-2009, 04:20 PM
1st Gear

Nice! I was looking at those and I, too, wished they were available in 18". FWIW, my car came with 19x8.5" wheels, +35 mm offset and I'm not entirely thrilled with the style, either. There certainly is a lot of fender well to fill. I was thinking about adding a 10 mm spacer and longer lug bolts. My car is sitting on the stock suspension so it sorta looks like a Hot Wheels car right now and begging me to lower it! I do have 255/30-19 Contis on there right now and there are no rubbing issues whatsoever. I wish I had more rubber on there, honestly.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Default How about this setup?

This wheel + a 255/35/19 Tire and use a 10mm spacer or no spacer at all?
I'm thinking that the 30 sidewall tire it calls for would not afford me adequate sidewall and rim protection for driving the roads here in Michigan. I really want to jump on these wheels before they have run out but I'm just not sold on the 19" size...
What da you all think?
Shoot the full set with new hardware is less than $600 shipped to my door..

Old 12-04-2009, 09:53 PM
4th Gear

If your north of me in Michigan, I really would NOT get 19".. come spring, you will regret them...

Old 12-05-2009, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
If your north of me in Michigan, I really would NOT get 19".. come spring, you will regret them...
After lengthy studying on the subject I agree. I am going to stick with 18's and hunt for the size tire that will accomplish the look and feel that I wish to acheive. I don't mind the speedo being a mile or two off if I can at least fill these wheel wells up a decent amount.