Wheels and Tires Post up threads with questions about wheels and tires for your Audi here

Should I put 18" or 19" on my A4

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 01:55 PM
1st Gear
Default Should I put 18" or 19" on my A4

Im shopping for new wheels an tires! but idk if i should put 18" or 19" even 20" what you guys recommend me? also i found the Nexen 7000 in a good price! How are they? im concern more in a quiet Ride thanks!

Old 01-30-2011, 11:31 PM
1st Gear

I'd go with the 19's with low profile tires, but thats just my personal opinion.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:38 AM

are you lowered?

Old 01-31-2011, 10:05 AM
1st Gear

Thanx for the answer! well, no, not lowered, buy wheels is so hard! to many too choose! also the tires! i dont want to spend too much! but i want a smooth ride!

Old 01-31-2011, 12:33 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by mono98
Thanx for the answer! well, no, not lowered, buy wheels is so hard! to many too choose! also the tires! i dont want to spend too much! but i want a smooth ride!

Tires are the hard part! Good ones will cost you and crappy ones will make you crash!

Old 01-31-2011, 03:43 PM

lower it first

Old 01-31-2011, 09:12 PM
1st Gear

Although lowering looks great and improves handling, its not always practical. Everyday I have to drive over speed bumps at my school so I would bottom out if mine was lowered.

If you're wanting a new look for your car don't rule out the idea of just painting your existing rims. Thats what I did with mine and I love it.

Take a look at my pics if you want to see before and after

Old 02-01-2011, 11:09 AM

mono98 it all depends on what you value. The 19'' is a catchier "look" and will improve the performance through steering responsiveness and control but in turn the ride quality will suffer since there is less tire sidewall to absorb the bumps in the road. The 18'' is just the opposite. More comfort and less sportiness.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Miles@TireRack.com
mono98 it all depends on what you value. The 19'' is a catchier "look" and will improve the performance through steering responsiveness and control but in turn the ride quality will suffer since there is less tire sidewall to absorb the bumps in the road. The 18'' is just the opposite. More comfort and less sportiness.
not necessarily. the wheel would have to be lighter to improve steering response & have the same offset as stock which I doubt it willl

and if by catchier look you mean negative attention because your car looks like its lifted on 18s then yeah thats about right

Old 02-01-2011, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by DÌEGØs AÜD!CTIØN
not necessarily. the wheel would have to be lighter to improve steering response & have the same offset as stock which I doubt it willl

and if by catchier look you mean negative attention because your car looks like its lifted on 18s then yeah thats about right
If you kept everything equal, meaning the same tire with a shorter sidewall on the same but larger wheel diameter, there is no question that you would get a quicker steering response and an improvement in lateral stability. Less rubber = less flexibility. Unless you have invented a rubber compound with the stiffness of an aluminum alloy while maintaining grip and stickiness then this is bad information. I agree with you that an offset that keeps the wheel inside the fender well will help and that a lighter wheel will help but these are only secondary contributors comparatively.

As for the look - to each their own and God bless America!