Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

Has anyone removed the front wiper motor on a Q7?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 09:53 AM
1st Gear
Cool Has anyone removed the front wiper motor on a Q7?

Hi everyone,

My first post here on this forum. Yesterday went to the car wash and forgot to turn off the rain sensing mode on the wipers on my 2008 Q7. When the car came out, the wiper blades were destroyed. I figured I just needed to go to the auto parts store and get replacements. Noticed my windshield wiper arms were in the middle of the windshield. Manually pushed them down and went to the auto parts store.

Come to find out, the wipers move once, then stop in the middle of the glass. I fiddled with it for a few minutes. I could hear the motor running in all modes (intermittent, low and hi). I inspected the transmission and linkage. I noticed when moving the arms by hand, there was a spot where the arms felt like the moved more freely. I'm assuming there are gears internally in the motor housing, and the motor needs to be replaced.

I can start ripping everything apart and removing every screw and nut I see in the general area to try to get the motor out, but I'd prefer to follow a specific set of instructions so I don't screw anything up. Searched hi and low for instructions or for someone who has done this before, on this and other forums, as well as google, but found nothing.

Anyone have any experience removing the windshield wiper motor or know where I can find instructions or a guide?

Thanks in advance,