Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to buy my first Audi.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 01:06 AM
1st Gear
Default About to buy my first Audi.

I'm looking at the 2004 and 2005 A6s (specifically the 3.0L and the 2.7t) and I'm just looking to get an idea of problems I should be looking for that are common in those models, especially with the turbo in the turbo model. Just looking for some general advice about what to look out for, any responses appreciated.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:02 PM
3rd Gear

Read the sticky on the 2.7T. It all depends on how well it was maintained for it's first decade. Some have early problems, but I've been lucky at almost 232k with original turbos. Other things are starting to wear and fail. My experience with the A4 3.0 has been good - it has been a reliable car for my daughter for the last 6 years and 50+k. Your best bet is to locate a reliable indie shop familiar with these cars and have them thoroughly look over your prospect, and you can negotiate down any needed repairs.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:36 PM
1st Gear

I have had an A6 2.7T for 9 years. Now with 190k miles. I just had the original clutch replaced. it has been the best car i ever had. Still in excellent shape. I do most minor service jobs, and if you dont it can become costly.