Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

200? A6

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 02:09 AM
1st Gear
Default 200? A6

Starting my research on purchasing a new-to-me A6.

I'm a 70% hwy / 30% city commuter and have narrowed my next car list down to three. A6 is one of them.

I've previously owned a 1995 BMW 525i, two Toyotas, one Honda, and my current truck is a 2008 LR3. (Someday, I'll add a Ducati...)

On all my vehicles, I'm diligent about service, including rotating tires, oil changes, and immediately repairing issues.

Anything stand out about the A6 that threw people for a loop? So far, in my research, there's nothing that stands out as a warning to steer clear from this possibility.

In your opinion, what is the best year for A6?

Thanks in advance for all your feedback!

Old 12-26-2014, 04:27 PM
3rd Gear

Some of the fun has gone out of the A6 line in the last 6 years, with MTs no longer available. On the other hand, starting in 2006-08 the reliability is way up per Consumer Reports. Recent models provide the 2.0T (which some owners believe is underpowered but others find it quite peppy - and it can be chipped); the 3.0T supercharged has plenty of guts and can also be tuned for more power; and finally the TDI for low range grunt and fuel mileage. You can note in my signature that I have sampled three engines and all have their advantages...and disadvantages. If you do the requisite maintenance and treat the car well, it should last many miles. I have over 200k on the 2.7T and over 100k on the other two.