Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

audi a6 2001 2.8l ....any turbos??

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 01:34 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by 2001A6
^ +1... GIAC chip. Its the only way I would go. Gets you 10 hp, 10 ft.lbs, 7100 rpm rev limiter, and a broader power curve, o and better mpgs. This is all claimed, but it gets great reviews.

hx, why are you no longer chipped...?? You did the group buy for speed tuning or something right?
Yeah I was chipped with the Speedtuning chip as part of the group buy, but the speedtuning chip had a major flaw in it. Performance wise, it was up to par with the GIAC chip, but the program retune that was based on did not account for the catalytic converter threshold update. So within a few days of flashing the ECU, P0421, the pre catalytic converter below efficiency code came up. I tried to deal with the Speedtuning, and he was trying to be helpful, but in the end, he gave out some excuse that it was a group buy/discounted price that the only way that he was going to address my issue was if I were to send him another customer at a full price.

BS... I finally got fed up and talked to my buddy working for Audi, who reflashed my ECU to the factory tune. Of course the code hasn't been back for since.

With that said, although I was impressed with the performance gain, I would not go with the Speedtuning. The only reason that I considered it in the first place was the price. For 2.8, based on the performance gain, I wouldn't have chipped it GIAC anyways, because of the $500 cost.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:38 AM
1st Gear

hey do you guyz think this universal kit would fit my audi a6 2.8l .... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Unive...Q5fAccessories

Old 04-06-2009, 09:05 AM
1st Gear

ggavgg, how old are u ????

Every one try to help you out, but you don't understand, that 2.8 model cannot be performed as any other audi models.

i prefer PES supercharger and GIAC CHIP.

But !!!!, If you think, there is nay other and cheaper way to perform yout ride, i got solution for you.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...Q5fAccessories

Also can be used like hair dryer

Old 04-06-2009, 04:06 PM
2nd Gear

Dude, so skeet!! Leaf blower FTW!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2009, 04:13 AM
1st Gear

ok ...vrso2... yesterday i went to a "german preformace upgrades" and they showed me a a6 2.8l with a turbo installed n they said there is no car ou there tht can not be turbo'ed they also said u need money and time ...what were they asking ?? $2500 for the kit and $1500 for the labor ....but there was a customer who tol me to look for the universal kit on ebay n it should be bout 500-700 bucks n guess wat i found tht n so i asked u guyz so i cAn hear ur oppinions.. o n for ur sarcasim im 18..lmao

Old 04-07-2009, 11:39 AM
3rd Gear

They really had a 2.8 with a turbo? A single turbo or twin turco? Can you by any chance get some pictures of that? I would be really interested.

Anyways, they are right that you can tubo anything... as long as you have the money and time to do so! But the question is, is it worth turboing a car that has little performance characteristics and not getting big gain from it? You are the only one who can answer that. There are people drag racing 8 second Pintos... Personally I am not into it, but if you ask the guy, he says otherwise. All I am trying to say is that it is not worth it in my opinion. If you really like A6, I would rather sell the car and pick up a 2.7t for the same amount of money. That is all I am saying.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:45 PM
2nd Gear

Sorry... I had too, LOL.

True, I guess you can turbo anything you wish too, even saw a SAAB turbo mounted to a lawn mower once, but the question is wether its worth it. What kind of power do they advertise? You 18, in a similar boat as me then I presume, also being 18, these cars are far from trouble free. If something breaks, how do you plan on fixing it? Your car was never built to make power, or handle it. The 2.7 is the way to go, engine is built, has bigger brakes, and wont cost much more than your 2.8 did. Will run on ~300 hp all day. Your 2.8, will slowly kill itself

Last edited by 2001A6; 04-07-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:06 PM
1st Gear

yess they did have one and next time i go there ima take pics of tht.. but lyk i dont wana sell my car i mean i mean after wat condition its in ...no one will pay me enough ... n im lookin to get atleast 300hp or alot of torque for quicker 0-60(my main goal) ....so ...yea watever is out there n worth adding to my engine for preformance jus let me no ....im getting my ecu chip lyk prolly at the end of this month ....what webs would u prefer ...cuz "german preformance upgrades" said its goin to be a back order n the wait was up to 3 months.... so yea where would you consider buying it from ...o n im looking to buy pulleys n sparks ...n i dont no if tht supercharger turbo frm ebay tht vrso2 reffered me to is worth it or not??

Old 04-08-2009, 09:16 AM
1st Gear

ggavgg,

I'm feeling the exhaust sounds Bro......another item to add on my list.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:26 PM
1st Gear

thx bro..

Quick Reply: audi a6 2001 2.8l ....any turbos??