Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 11:49 AM
1st Gear
Default Help ASAP

Hey guys- I am kinda new to Audi's but not new to mechanics.

however- this is stumping me. I have researched and I have dug into it myself and cant figure it out so I figured I would se what comes up in your brains:

Here are the symptoms on my 2001 A6, 2.7t manual tranny:

ABS light comes on, misfire check engine light is on, TPMS triangle and circled arrow comes on.
Turn signal works for about 2 seconds then either just shuts off or it will freak out real quick the shut off.

This morning i drove about 20 feet and the brakes all of a sudden came on by themselves.

Help me please.

I know I need to change my timing belt- I think it may have even skipped a tooth- a plug might be fowled too because it seems to be hitting boost cut anytime I boost it or go more than about 40% throttle.

FYI- car is completely stock.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:41 PM
1st Gear

my mistake- the triangle thing is the ESP- electronic stability

all the fuses are good- it seems sometimes with the blinkers like its almost a fluctuation in the voltage- but the battery and alternator are both good.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:30 PM
2nd Gear

I'm willing to bet the car isn't braking on its own; Rather it's your ECU cutting your engine's ability to essentially accelerate. You can replicate this by hitting the gas and somewhat firmly pressing on the brake pedal at the same time. After about 5 seconds it should cut throttle. This leads me to think that an ABS sensor could be at fault which makes it think you're going out of control when you're really not.

As far as your turn signal: Do you hear a static-type noise from around the hazard triangle when you put the turn signal on? This to me seems like the turn signal relay is on its way out and needs to be replaced.

I would look into the ABS issue first, then followed by the faulty directionals that could cause an accident, and then worry about the timing belt.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:55 PM
1st Gear

I will look into those 2 things.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:03 PM
1st Gear

ABS light on could be problem with ABS module. The Bosch 5.3 ABS module has a common problem where one of the internal power wires cracks & trigger ABS light. VAGCOM would show no communication with ABS module. There are places that rebuilds ABS modules...if that is one of the problems.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:14 AM
1st Gear

ok- so I listened for a sound from the hazard when using the turn signal- nothing. The hazards work perfectly fine too.

I reset the ecu code that it threw,,, 301--- misfire cylinder 1. once I did that the ESP and Check Engine lights BOTH went away.......
turn signal issue is still ongoing though-

It does seem like it is either off in timing, fouled plug, or hitting fuel cut though. under boost in any gear with load.... 2nd-6th, it sputters under boost and heavier throttle.

and while idling, it is running a bit rough.

I know i am over due for timing, but I dont think it skipped a tooth.

Also- it seems to be running kinda hot occasionally, goes to about the line just after half (normal operating temp)

FML