Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new audi owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 05:04 PM
1st Gear
Default new audi owner

hi im a new audi owner, i bought a used 2002 a6 and it has some problems. where do i start? the back passenger floor floods, the water temp tends to be high and it leaks oil. the thing beeps at me to check coolant and oil level, i check them and they are fine. now i dont want to pay a dealer a bunch of money to tell me whats wrong or needs to be fixed, if anybody knows about these problems please help

Old 09-04-2013, 05:13 PM
1st Gear

dude, why did you buy this car in the first place? It has everything wrong with it. And especially if it leaks oil and has temp problems, being a German car it is going to cost you. Even if you get everything fixed, there may be new problems coming round the corner.

My advice? Send the car back to where you bought it from. Get a car that is in decent condition.

Cheers,

A

Old 09-04-2013, 05:35 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ameenqureshi
dude, why did you buy this car in the first place? It has everything wrong with it. And especially if it leaks oil and has temp problems, being a German car it is going to cost you. Even if you get everything fixed, there may be new problems coming round the corner.

My advice? Send the car back to where you bought it from. Get a car that is in decent condition.

Cheers,

A
Which motor? Has the timing belt service been completed? I mean, if the coolant temp is high, it's gonna be the water pump, thermostat, a bad coolant temp sensor... or possible head gasket judging from some of the description.

The back passenger flooding could be clog in the sunroof drains.

^Are you getting an oil warning for low pressure or low oil level

The oil leak is likely the valve cover gaskets, cam adjuster seals, cam seals, cam plug.. basically just get an entire kit and change it at the same time you service do the timing belt service (it's the only time you'll have access to the front cam seals).

Last edited by OGBULLYLOCDAWG; 09-04-2013 at 05:42 PM.