B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Forge Diverter Valve

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:51 PM
1st Gear
Default Forge Diverter Valve

http://ecodetuning.com/shop/cart.php..._detail&p=1228

Has anyone installed this valve on their B7?

I really want to get the APR 93 chip and this, but since this is the first serious engine mod (besides exhaust/intake) that I will be doing on this car, I want to get some opinions first.

Thoughts?

Old 04-13-2009, 10:41 AM

I have an 08 B7 and I have the APR 93 chip. I was told if you have a newer B7 they have better DV valves in them. I'm not sure if that includes the 07's. But I've been running this software for 9 months now and I've had no problems with the stock DV valve.
Maybe someone else can verify if I'm right about the upgraded DV valves......

Old 04-13-2009, 05:47 PM

I had The APR 93 put on my car (07 2.0T) this past Friday and was told that the factory diverter valves don't like the extra boost and break easily. So i had the forge dv put on suppose to help recycle boost more efficently so it holds pressure better. Totally different car with the chip do it... much faster car no mpg loss if you drive normal

Old 04-13-2009, 08:50 PM
1st Gear

Yes the DV's do not like a lot of boost and are prone to failure, but the DV's that I've heard failing are the OEM revisions B/C that are on older cars.... as of now you can buy an OEM for $100 on ECS, imho the Forge DV is overpriced, but this is all from what I've read.

But I don't think the DV will hurt your engine if it fails, you just lose boost in the turbo, so I'd say run stock until it breaks, then replace it if needed.

I am looking into getting the APR chip soon and do not plan on upgrading my DV until it fails.

Last edited by prospero; 04-13-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: /
Old 04-13-2009, 08:55 PM
RVT
1st Gear

Another thing to look into.... Audi has released a new OEM replacement DV that is said to be a much better design. Seems a lot of Audi owners are scrambling for.
Part Number 06H 145 710 D

Pretty much fixes the issue in OEM fashion. List at about $110, and you should find discounts less than that.

Just an FYI
Vince

Old 04-13-2009, 09:01 PM
1st Gear

More on OEM Part (06H 145 710 D) from APR
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4205177
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3262831

Apparantly it's one generation newer than Revision G, still OEM, still 1/2 the cost of Forge

Last edited by prospero; 04-13-2009 at 09:04 PM. Reason: ,
Old 04-14-2009, 04:11 AM

imo...if you are willing to spend the $700 for the apr tune why just sit and wait for the dv valve to break...I would recommend getting the forge and save yourself the trouble...if you are going to cheap out leave the car stock and go a different route...

Old 04-14-2009, 10:14 AM
2nd Gear

i have the forge, sounds like an asthma inhaler puff when u shift its kinda funny but all in all i love it

Old 04-16-2009, 01:08 PM
1st Gear

Update from APR

Nico and All,

The group of APR Engineers have returned from their trip and have reported back to me about the new 06H 145 710D Diverter Valve. The story you heard somehow got all mixed up as stories often do. There was a car on the dyno with what was suspected to be a Diverter Valve related issue. However, that car was running the older "G" revision rubber diaphragm style valve. An "N249 Mechanical Error" code was stored in the ECU during a drive with the older "G" revision valve in place. The person driving the car may have thought that there was a new "D" revsion at the time but this was not the case.

Once the car was returned to the dyno, it was run with the "G" revision valve still in place. The "G" revision was then changed to the newer "D" revision and the power and spool time were identical. So there you have it. One of our Engineers swapped in a "D" revision valve after running an older "G" revision diaphragm valve in an Audi S3 on the same dyno on the same day and saw no differences. To add to this, I have measured the Audi S3 DV housing and compared it to the DV location on the stock K03 turbo for the GTI/A3 and A4 and the critical measurments are all exactly the same. I have also performed the same measurements on the TT-S DV housing, which the "D" valve is standard on, and all of the critical sealing mesurements are again the same as the stock K03 turbo found in the A4 and GTI/A3.

Since I like to see things with my own eyes, I have one of these on order for my B7 Stage 3 car and it should be here soon. I will be doing a good amount of logging directly from the ECU to add another data point to what we have already seen. However, based on what the other APR Engineers saw in Australia, I would say that changing over to the "D" valve is a non-issue and should be a nice reliability upgrade compared to the old diaphragm valve.
There you have it, buy the $110 revision "D" OEM diverter valve. No need to pay for the outrageously expensive Forge 007 diverter valve unless you want the 'sound'. AFAIK though this new revision "D" is piston-type same as the Forge, it no longer has the diaphragm

Old 04-16-2009, 09:21 PM
2nd Gear

I've been running APR 91 on my '07 with stock DV for a little over 7 months now, and it's just fine. Spikes to 20 and holds 18 psi.

Quick Reply: Forge Diverter Valve