B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Audi Care? Worth the Cost?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 09:29 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi Care? Worth the Cost?

My dealer offered me the Audi Care package at delivery of my '13 A4 Quattro. Can't remember the exact price, seems it was around $850. Finance guy said it covers the cost of all of the required maintenance for the first 4 years and would save me about 30%. What do you folks think? Is it worth the cost? He said I could buy it anytime before the 1st service that I have to pay for at 15K miles. Thanks.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:41 AM
1st Gear

I'm no expert on new cars, but you should defininetly get Audi Care. It will pay for itself after the first service. It also covers oil changes correct?

Old 01-09-2013, 06:16 PM
1st Gear
Cool

Originally Posted by northwest b5
I'm no expert on new cars, but you should defininetly get Audi Care. It will pay for itself after the first service. It also covers oil changes correct?
My understanding is that the plan covers all required maintenance through the 45K mile service. It only covers what is required, no optional services. If someone knows what the actual costs of these services are I would like to compare the actual cost with the cost of the plan. Basically it covers services at 15, 25, 35 and 45K. I don't think it covers any repairs, in other words it is NOT a warranty just a maintenance plan. Seems to me you are basically prepaying for your services so if it doesn't save a significant amount of money I would rather just pay for them as I need them. If Audi isn't making money with the plan, they wouldn't be selling them, right?

Old 01-25-2013, 03:53 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by rmorin49
My understanding is that the plan covers all required maintenance through the 45K mile service. It only covers what is required, no optional services. If someone knows what the actual costs of these services are I would like to compare the actual cost with the cost of the plan. Basically it covers services at 15, 25, 35 and 45K. I don't think it covers any repairs, in other words it is NOT a warranty just a maintenance plan. Seems to me you are basically prepaying for your services so if it doesn't save a significant amount of money I would rather just pay for them as I need them. If Audi isn't making money with the plan, they wouldn't be selling them, right?
Can anyone recommend a dealer that discounts the Audi Care package? I think the MSRP for an A4 is $820. Thanks.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:51 AM
1st Gear

Strange that you have to pay for it. Comes standard with all new Audi's in South Africa (5 years/100, 000km) Not covered are tires and petrol/diesel, rest all included in the plan.

Interesting observation, my wife drives the other bane in my life, a 407 Peugeot (2009) also got a 5 year/100, 000km service plan, and saved herself R54, 000.00 so far. (Replaced under the plan: complete clutch, instrument display panel, wheel pressure management system, and some software updates.) So I would strongly recommend that you go for it.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:45 AM
1st Gear

Can anyone recommend a dealer that discounts the Audi Care package? I think the MSRP for an A4 is $820. Thanks.
I never did unless one was negotiating it at the time of car purchase or other big-ticket purchase. Apparently, AudiCare is a low dealer mark-up item.

Best I could do was wait until I drove through a state without sales tax and bought it en route.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:50 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson
I never did unless one was negotiating it at the time of car purchase or other big-ticket purchase. Apparently, AudiCare is a low dealer mark-up item.

Best I could do was wait until I drove through a state without sales tax and bought it en route.
I live in MD. I'll be driving to SC in a couple weeks. Anyone know if VA, NC or SC doesn't charge sales tax on Audi Care? Delaware is the only state I know of that doesn't have a state sales tax.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:42 PM
1st Gear

I live in MD. I'll be driving to SC in a couple weeks. Anyone know if VA, NC or SC doesn't charge sales tax on Audi Care? Delaware is the only state I know of that doesn't have a state sales tax.
I got mine in NH but that's a longer drive for you. Alaska, Montana and Oregon are even farther.

FYI: Call a dealer in one of those states and see if they'll do it by mail.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:53 PM
1st Gear

Audi of Wilmington DE will sell it to me over the phone, no tax. I called the service dept at my local dealer and they quoted me the following costs for these services:
15K $325
25K $375
35K $325
45K $525

Total $ 1550

Does this sound correct? If this is indeed the case, then the Audi Care at $820 is a deal.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:35 PM
1st Gear

Audi of Wilmington DE will sell it to me over the phone, no tax. I called the service dept at my local dealer and they quoted me the following costs for these services:
15K $325
25K $375
35K $325
45K $525

Total $ 1550

Does this sound correct? If this is indeed the case, then the Audi Care at $820 is a deal.
Sounds familiar. The quotes I got last year were a little lower for the services and AudiCare but the relationship was similar.

I really enjoyed the 15K service.

Quick Reply: Audi Care? Worth the Cost?