Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Audi of Huntingdon Valley

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 01:42 PM
Default Audi of Huntingdon Valley

On July 13th I brought my 2004 Audi A4 to Audi of Huntingdon Valley for warranty service (the check engine light was flashing intermittently). On the same day I was informed that the problem was due to a faulty injector connector, that a replacement part was being ordered and I should have my car back on the 14th or the 15th at the latest. The car ended up being held by dealership until the 19th supposedly due to "unforeseen delays" in the part ordered.

When my fiancee went to pick up the car, she was initially told that the service record would be mailed to her because they were too busy that night. When she insisted to have the service record (their being unable to have a service record ready after the car had been with them for a week because of "unforeseen delays" seemed suspicious), she noted that the "mileage out" on the service record (5015) did not match the actual mileage on the odometer (5149). The "mileage in" reported on the service record was 5013. When requested to correct the record and to explain the 146 miles put on the car while at the dealership, the service manager refused to provide a credible explanation and instead attributed them to an unlikely mistake (on their part) in recording the "mileage in". This in addition to a mistake in recording the "mileage out". He insisted the car had only been driven 2 miles and that the "mileage in" must have been 5147. In spite of the ludicrous explanation, she tought that 146 extra miles would not be something worth wasting extra time on (she had already had to wait to get the service record), so she took the car and left.

The following morning we noticed a circular hazy area on the trunk that appeared to be due to an attempt to buff some paint damage. We drove back to the dealership that same morning, but the service manager refused to admit responsibility for the damage. He did offer to try to further buff the area "as an act of good wiil", but that seemed pointless given that the earlier attempt to conceal the damage had resulted in very visible marks. This on a lightly-driven 6-month-old car that had always been washed by hand.

A call to the general manager was also useless, as he defended the position of the service manager, finding nothing suspicious in the delays in repairing the car and in the mistakes in recording the mileage on the service record.

I had bought the car at this same dealership, but I would never deal with them again. I find their unwillingness to credibly justify the extra mileage (how likely is it to record in good faith 5013 instead of 5147 and again 5015 instead of 5149?) and the attempt to conceal the damage incredibly dishonest and unhetical.

Old 07-26-2004, 12:51 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Audi of Huntingdon Valley

Wow!
Sorry about the events.
Too busy to fill out the service record???!!! That's complete BS! The whole mileage issue is way too suspicious. Either they screwed up and spilled something on the trunk and they tried to conceal the time (and mileage) through your service ticket or somebody took the car for a ride and something happened, too. In either case, their responses/excuses were absolutely unacceptable. I would be furious and demand regional Audi representation on this matter. That kind of behavior kills a dealer's reputation instantly.