Member Builds/Projects Members projects showcased here. Car-related, Audi-preferred, but feel free to post up ANY car build you've done or are involved with.

Twopedalwarrior - A6 Avant Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 12:05 AM
1st Gear
Default Twopedalwarrior - A6 Avant Build Thread

Now this is an Audi and Mazda MX6 combo update. I've ordered the new 5Five Morimoto Ballasts and XB35 Morimoto bulbs which will go into the MX6. The Audi will get the 3Five Morimoto Ballasts w/ 3Five bulbs.

The Audi right now has H1 halogen projectors, and due to the canbus design I'll also be adding the proper relay so it doesn't go stupid with bulb alerts. I've also bought some AMP extensions from url=http://www.theretrofitsource.com]The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications[/url]. FYI for those who are reading this for the first time. The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications makes the Morimoto ballasts that come with the quick strike, instant on HID system vs the slow to warm up ebay cheap brand

In addition to the new HID set, I've also ordered the new Cree LED H3 Bulbs for the Audi's projector based fog lights. These things are sick for the amount of light output they have, and the build quality is second to none. Pix below. I will post some before and after shots to show the difference in the Audi.

Name:  null_zps91951959.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  2.34 MB
Name:  null_zps68cbee8d.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  2.05 MB
Name:  null_zps1ba21a76.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  2.08 MB
Name:  null_zpsc686b77d.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  2.05 MB
Name:  null_zps0675257b.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  1.59 MB

In my Mazda MX6 I am running ECode projectors and I am keen to see what the HID upgrade will be in the Audi's halogen reflective bowl. Not sure about the hotspots yet. I will be doing the work tomorrow or this weekend and will post before and after shots of Halo vs HID

Old 12-28-2013, 01:13 PM
1st Gear

Been a while since I've posted, and wanted to do an updated.

I did a lens swap on my projectors last night. I used lenses from a Mazda MX-6 ECode headlights from Germany (Spare set of lenses) Here are the differences between the Audi and Mazda ESpec Lenses

Audi in the front, and Espec in the back. Not all Audi lenses are like this. This is a typical fogged glass projector for halogen projectors, same style of lens found in the other halogen style projectors. The cut off will blur more at a distance and not retain its sharp cutoff

They did require a little mod work to fit the Espec lenses as they are a bit taller

Anyways have them remounted, and they swap for the Espec lenses was bloody worth it. I will post the pix later on, but the cut off and light throw is insane with the new lenses.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:25 PM
1st Gear

And the end result of the mod - one insane cutoff at a distance

Old 09-01-2014, 06:41 PM
1st Gear

Well it is done, bought an Audi '99 S6 Wagon - pick up Tuesday or Wednesday.

Rebuild status, but it is in excellent shape - even better than the wifes A6 Wagon. More extras and a TON of recent maintenance done. Timing belt, water pump hoses etc.

Some paint issues on the hood - a rattle can / 2k clear is easy. Already has factory HID, mint interior yadayda

My showcase MAzda MX-6 will still be on the road for insurance till the end of October, after that she is going to sleep until Spring next year. Sad and happy all at once

Old 12-28-2014, 11:07 AM
1st Gear

I'm interested to see if you're going to do anything 'special' in the way of mods for your Avant. All in all, it looks nice!!

Old 12-28-2014, 03:48 PM
1st Gear

Looks good!

Old 02-08-2015, 06:40 PM
1st Gear

So just a tiny update on this Audi. I am starting to prep the paint for a full repaint and I finally noticed something that should've been obvious

I have a complete facelist conversion A6.

The car does have a rebuild on it and it was manufactured in 99. I can confirm that the hood, bumper, headlights, fenders, fogs, rad are all from a post facelift A6.

Pretty sweet. Additionally the a6 has got the sport suspension, A4 Rims and the big break upgrade

I think that I should highly consider getting an appraisal on it. She is almost a one of a kind

Old 02-10-2015, 03:13 PM
1st Gear

one of my more favorite photo's i've taken. love the guys sense of humor

Old 02-13-2015, 10:44 PM
1st Gear

Had to look at the pic a bit closer before I said, "ohhh... the license plate!" LOL

Old 03-15-2015, 11:06 AM
1st Gear

Well back with a new update

tossed the Grey A6 Wagon. I did a direct trade for this

All about the wide hips, big ****.

Needs

- New MAF
- Rear oil leak on engine, suspect cam seal
- new brakes and rotors
- minor body work

Even with the MAF unplugged - it runs damn well. little rich

More updates to come