ABS Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Default ABS Help

I was fixing my breaks.
What happned is that driver side rear caliper carrier pin got rusted inside. Then it locked and created that inner pad to work a lot more.
Long story short, I tried to free the pin and I broke it, very easilly.
So I clamped my brake line with a C clamp which was not good for it. The C clamp had a cup prasure application, which cut the brake line in. So I ordered them too.
After replacing and leaving my brake line in the air, i have reblead the system. But I belive that I still have air in the ABS pump, becouse my pedal is still spongy.
Any ways I need to find a guy with VAG to cycle my pump.

I have another problem, my ABS can activate at random when breaking. just on its own. I need help with that.
Is that becouse there is Air in the system, or something bad. I also was cleaning my brake disks in front, hammiring the disk to get the burs off.
Help, Ideas, what should I break next?

Old 05-14-2007, 09:38 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: ABS Help

check the abs wheel sensors clean them

Old 05-14-2007, 09:53 PM

any help on how to clean them?
just use a brake disk cleaner?

Old 05-15-2007, 09:24 AM

here you go. just found this site for my own abs problem. it describes how to clean them.

http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/troubl...ing/brake.html

Old 05-15-2007, 04:41 PM

It doesnt tell me how to get the sensor out

Old 05-15-2007, 08:21 PM

by using a infared temp thinny, I figured that my right front is cooler that my left front. My rear is equal temperature left and right. is the ABS system I have works wheel per wheel or it works in a pair?
the hook up is Cross, my LF and RR is together, and RF and LR is together.

So question now is , is the ABS system is 4 pumps, or 2 pumps?

Old 05-15-2007, 09:33 PM

It doesnt tell me how to get the sensor out
I'll have to get back to you on that one. Going to be trying to check out my brother's system tomorrow and then mine at the end of the week. Same problem with the constant brake warning light.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:31 AM
2nd Gear

i think the abs is on the front two wheels only ... but check how many sensors you got ... clean with brake cleaner yup ... and as far as the pump goes how about one pump and 2 or 4 valves electronicly controlled

Old 05-17-2007, 11:41 PM

well, it was raining yesterday so I used that to blead the ABS pump, looks like there was some air, becouse now pedal goes even deeper. ABS still goes on at random. Its good that only at least 1 tire is out, it it was more I would not be able to drive. Still I need to clean it all. tire by tire. I think its my prev broken tire. Becouse before I broke the carige and drove without a caliper in place, it started then. before I broke the caliper was okey, after I broke it, it started to freke out, no lights of any kind.
I did try to hammer the brake diks, becouse it got rusted in, and it is still is. Maybe becouse I hammered the disk, dirt got onto the sensor. Hmm

Old 05-18-2007, 07:41 PM

Been driving with no ABS, couse I took out fuse 32. Anyways, the temperature diference is the same, meaning w/ABS or n/ABS the brake system acts the same. I think the driver side brake front is hotter becouse my weight is there. Not sure for now.