which is the best oil

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 01:25 AM
Default RE: which is the best oil

He used new oil I saw it, but put OEM filter which is small. Now I use oil filter from mazda 626 V6 model, which is almost twice as big.

Old 09-13-2005, 02:07 AM
2nd Gear

In the 20 years and more than 500,000 miles I have never had an oil issue not even with the generic brands. All modern motor oils turn black within 500 miles and definitely by the time you hit 1K, which like I said before, is normal it's the detergent doing it's thing. When you bough the car the dealer put new oil but the previous owner probably wasn't too diligent on frequent changes and there must have been a lot of sludge and scale built up. The new oil dissolved it, perhaps the oil your mechanic used had a high concentration of detergent.

Old 09-13-2005, 08:58 PM

You might be right, but still its not recomended switching org and syn, ask any dealer.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:55 AM
2nd Gear

You got to be kidding! Ask a Stealer! I would love to be your mechanic!

If you drive a high performance thoroughbred like a Porsche, Ferrari, McLaren, etc than synthetic is the only way to go. The engines rev very high and are subject to high loads and stress at high temperatures. Modern engines also have much tighter tolerances, requiring thinner oil. Synthetics offer thin consistency and yet offer full protection against metal to metal contact. If a motor was engineered to work with full synthetics than I would agree that switching to conventional oil is not recommended.

The myth that you can't switch older engines to synthetic or that once you switch to synthetic you can't go back is BS and has been rebuked by many professionals. Besides what is blended oil, it’s a mix of conventional and synthetic.

Old 10-31-2005, 01:46 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: kakarot

You might be right, but still its not recomended switching org and syn, ask any dealer.

This guy cracks me up with his vast "knowlege" of oil. Oh... And he just said.. "ask any dealer." HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA .

Old 02-24-2006, 06:36 AM
1st Gear

If you drive your Audi like I drive mine which is redlining almost every gear most of the time a good dose of Z-MAX engine treatment 4qts of Castrol 5w-50 syntec and a can of RESTORE 6cylinder formula additive will help it Live a long healthy life!!

Old 02-24-2006, 12:17 PM

I have read a lot more about oil, and all is writen that W- stands for winter.
anywho, syntetic has a lot more advantage over the conventional.

some companies use excuse syntetic as an excuse to charge more. Like Castrol, the syntec is not syntetic but very good conventional oil. Wana know more, castrol got sued for mis advertisment. However castrol won, but all the truth came out, search Castrol syntec lawsuit.

the mobil1 is a syntetic oil, trully.