im new here and need a lil bit o help

Old 06-29-2006, 02:40 AM
Default im new here and need a lil bit o help

sup all audi peoples! lol ok i know absolutely nuthin about audis at all. im a honda guy. anyway. my roomate and hre boyfriend just broke up..and he gave her a white 1989 audi 200 turbo. 4d sedan. automatic trans.. this thing is loaded. now..the car is in good shape body wise. the intereior needs some work. and i am yet to hear the motor run. ok the ex boyfriend says all it needs ais a turbo gasket and an axle in the front and its good to go. i can find the axel no problem. and the gasket hes reffering too is from the turbo to the downpipe i think. i havent looked at it yet. just glanced at it for a sec. also i noticed in my glancing at this thing..that the bolts that hold the exhaust side of the turbo to the body of it..one of them is FUXORED! like im not even sure im gonna get it off its in such bad shape. and id like to replace it cause i dont trust it. everything else is there i assume. im not sure if it really needs an axle or not..thats just what he told me..i got it yesterday and havent touched it yet...its been raining sumthin fierce! also WHERE IS THE BATTERY????????!!!!!!!!!!!! i looked everywhere. i cant find it! it wdoesnt have power at all...so i need to find the battery to see if it would start. but overall...i think this would be a very nice car if i fix it. i can fix anything with the right help. i just need to know this info so i can git-er-done. oh yea. he also said that the gasket im lookin for is discontinuied by audi...so what can i do to get one? is there a cross reference? thanx guys for those who help and for those who flame.....they know what they can do!

Old 06-29-2006, 02:50 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: im new here and need a lil bit o help

Batery is under the rear seat pass side ... so you didn't look every where [8D] .... as far the turbo gasket i don't know .... I would interpret it like this ... something else is wrong and there is no good diagnosis for the prob

Search this Thread