New to Audi's need help 92 100

Old 12-03-2004, 12:16 AM
1st Gear
Default New to Audi's need help 92 100

I just bought a 92 100 off my boss today and I know nuttin bout these Audi's...

So far the only problems I'm having are..........

A: Power steering fluid leak (pretty bad leak)
I'm not really sure of of the source of the leak as with the engine cover you cant see squat....
So I guess my first step is figuring out how to remove the engine cover as I dont yet have any repair manuals....
It may just be a bad line but I'm prepared for it to be a bad pump and need to know how much a pain inthe *** its gonna be to rplace the PS pump??

B: It appears to have a few electrical problems..
With the car off there is still power to the radio and power windows
Whats with this????? Also the window buttons and lock button stay lit with car off

Any help with the would be great as I dont want to have to outty tjhis audi due to a few lil problem that I know I'm capable of fixing

Old 12-03-2004, 01:21 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: New to Audi's need help 92 100

i have a 1990 100Q. I can't help w/the fluid leak but I CAN tell you that to power options remaining on after the car is of is regular. At least that's what mine does. the moon roof and windows work after the car has been shut off. The window switch lights stay on until you lock it i think. The window power thing tends to have a mind of it's own sometimes though. This summer it didn't stay active for a couple weeks, but then began working again. I have an aftermarket radio, so that's different from yours. Definately get that fluid leak checked out. peace.

Old 12-04-2004, 04:30 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: New to Audi's need help 92 100

what about the brake lights? The pads and rotors are brand new but that warning won't go away... any idea?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.