RS6 Tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Default RS6 Tires

I am wondering if any of you experts out there can suggest a great summer tire for an RS6? Do I need to spend the $315/tire on the Pirelli or is their a comparable tire for less money? I don't need an all season or a winter tire.

Any insight or suggestions?

Old 05-14-2008, 04:10 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: RS6 Tires

Have any pics of your RS?

As far as tires go I'm sure if you look around at discounttire.com or any similar tire website you can find some good summer tires for around 200+..

Old 06-24-2008, 11:24 AM

Plain and simple - the Dunflops that come on the car suck. No other way to put it. No traction, no feedback or feel, they just let go at the limit w/o any warning, they have horrid wet weather characteristics, tend to flat spot if you let the car sit more than a couple days.

Micheline Pilots work very well. Great all around performance. Not bad in the wet. They give you a lot of feedback right up to the point that they let go. - but they roll off the limit quickly when they do let go. Not as bad as a Goodyear Eagle does - why am I suddenly spinning?

I find that I prefer Bridgestone Potenza Pole Positions over everything else thus far. (and they're less $$ than the Pilots)

Killer feel and stick. They roll off the limit easily and tell you "Hey, we're getting ready to let go, you may want to pay attention here."
Wet weather is pretty good too.
They're a bit more quiet than the Dunflops were and they never have shown any signs of flat spotting.

They also don't make a lot of noise as you get close to the limit.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:34 AM
1st Gear

If you can find them the Nokian NRZ are superior tires. Who you say? Nokian is a small tire manufacturer from Finland of all places famous mainly for their outstanding Hakkapellita snow and rally tires. Back in the beginning of this decade they entered the performance tire market. In 2002 I tried their V-rated NRV's on my 1988 Audi 90, replacing my previous favorite Michelin XGTV's. They easily matched the Michelins for dry grip, were quieter at the limit and over pavement seams, and the wet traction was simply stunning. The Michelins would hydroplane in heavy rain and even my 90's whimpy 130 hp could occasionally spin the Michelin's in the rain. That was never the case with the Nokians, their wet braking and cornering were just amazing. You never felt that tug at the wheel from deep water on a freeway. Dry traction was enough for me to run with much faster Audi's in our club on tight technical roads. Outstanding tires, I highly recommend them.