Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Anyone driving a chipped Allroad?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 01:34 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Anyone driving a chipped Allroad?

I had a GAIC in my 01 S4 and loved it. I have been thinking about doing the same thing to my wifes allroad. I got my from AWE.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:43 PM
1st Gear

Just installed the APR mod (91 Octane) on my 2001 Allroad (117k kms). H2Sport in Georgetown, Ontario aremy trusted advisors.First impression:the car has transformed into a different animal. Major gain in acceleration...rpm crosses redline and midrange response is superb.Manual shifting with TIP is more fun and I am really enjoying the drive to work! Fuel consumption is pretty much the same. I love the complimentary "APR Tuned" emblem.I highly recommend this mod which I believe is excellent value for money at $599+ tax. .

Next mods: Cold air intake; Diverter valves; Cross drilled rotors - Zimmermann (F) and Brembo (R); Steel braided lines; 19" wheels w/35-series tires (already purchased).

Old 04-05-2008, 09:49 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: sher_yyz

Just installed the APR mod (91 Octane) on my 2001 Allroad (117k kms). H2Sport in Georgetown, Ontario aremy trusted advisors.First impression:the car has transformed into a different animal. Major gain in acceleration...rpm crosses redline and midrange response is superb.Manual shifting with TIP is more fun and I am really enjoying the drive to work! Fuel consumption is pretty much the same. I love the complimentary "APR Tuned" emblem.I highly recommend this mod which I believe is excellent value for money at $599+ tax. .

Next mods: Cold air intake; Diverter valves; Cross drilled rotors - Zimmermann (F) and Brembo (R); Steel braided lines; 19" wheels w/35-series tires (already purchased).
Sweet....You gotta keep us up to date on how the mods go and how the APR mod runs over time. This is really tempting me. I think I'd be happy with the APR tune and diverter valve change.

Did you re-gap the spark plugs? Did you have to do that? I hear conflicting info on the plugs from the forums.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:14 PM
1st Gear

I recently got a quote from the closest APR dealer... $792.98 out the door for two programs, stock and performance. I think they crossed some invisible price barrier in my mind...

Old 04-10-2008, 09:47 PM

Hello everybody,

do know how does rank the RevoTechnik's ECU upgrapdes compread to GIAC and APR for the Audi Allroad?

Here's their site: http://www.revotechnik.com/products/....aspx?pvID=632

I did try their 5 hours period trial on my old 1.8T Jetta and it was pretty impressive... I know ReveTechnik does not require any installation.. its only software upgrade. Is this the same with APR and GIAC?

Thanks!

-- Pete

02 Allroad Tiptronic

Old 04-10-2008, 11:15 PM
1st Gear

I chose APR(91 Octane) that is a software upgrade. Compared to stock, the gains are significant. Apparently higher octane mods require soldering work...although the work is guaranteed, that is something I would probably consider down the road along with exhaust, turbo & injector mods.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:06 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: peteles
I did try their 5 hours period trial on my old 1.8T Jetta and it was pretty impressive... I know ReveTechnik does not require any installation.. its only software upgrade. Is this the same with APR and GIAC?
Not sure about GIAC< but APR is available as software only for both 91 and 93 octane upgrades.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:24 PM
BS4

FYI, if you're considering APR, it might be worthwhile checking their website over the next couple of days. This quote is from a supplier's website:
APR Moving Sale

APR is pleased to announce that their new facility is very near completion and therefore are having a Worldwide Sale to reduce inventory levels before the move. Starting April 14 and ending May 9 2008 here are the APR Specials:

APR ECU Upgrades:
Buy One Program get Two
or
Buy 2 Programs and get all 4 Programs plus Fault Code Erase/ Throttle Body Alignment, Security Lockout Features and Anti-theft!!

Porsche ECU Upgrades and Normally Aspirated VW and Audi Applications are 10% off!

Hardware:
Turbo Kits: 10% Discount
Performance Exhausts: 10% Discount
Intercoolers: 10% Discount
Carbonio Carbon Fiber Intakes: 10% Discount
Motorsport Items: 10% Discount
Accessories: 15%

Old 05-23-2008, 10:49 PM
BS4

I recently got the APR 91 and 93 tune on my 2002 Allroad. I've only been running it with the 93 tune, so far, and I love it. First, I couldn't believe that it was so smooth, it has removed any sense of burden the engine has to cope with to move such a heavy vehicle. It now seems like an entirely different car.

On a side note, I recently added the H-Sport sway bars too and coupled with some new wheels and tires the car now has a level of speed and composure that makes it enjoyable to take through a curve!

Old 05-24-2008, 07:23 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: BS4

I recently got the APR 91 and 93 tune on my 2002 Allroad. I've only been running it with the 93 tune, so far, and I love it. First, I couldn't believe that it was so smooth, it has removed any sense of burden the engine has to cope with to move such a heavy vehicle. It now seems like an entirely different car.

On a side note, I recently added the H-Sport sway bars too and coupled with some new wheels and tires the car now has a level of speed and composure that makes it enjoyable to take through a curve!
Did you install the sway bars yourself? You'vedone all the mods I have in mind and it sounds like you got results.

Quick Reply: Anyone driving a chipped Allroad?