Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Approved to buy Allroad !

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 10:21 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Approved to buy Allroad !

I bought the car in mass. and had shipped to cincy. It was at a dodge dealership and they offered the warrenty. Cant remember the name of the company offhand. i will look and let you know.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:37 PM
1st Gear

Sweet, that would be great. As for the moment, I had the car taken to a German auto shop located right in a dealer that sells Audi's, Bmw's, and Mbz's. I am having a full check up first and then we will address the suspension issues. Can't wait to actually start enjoying the drive and feel of my new ride.......

Old 07-05-2007, 05:35 PM
1st Gear

So now I know the damage my AllRoad has:
- New Oil Change required
- Dash Light alarm- Brakes - Needs pads and rotors all the way around car
- Dash Light alarm - Leveling suspension rod (bent or broken)+ sensor malfunction
- Auto Aim sensor for Headlights - maybe related to suspension problem
- Driver and passenger side CV Boots bad and need to be replaced
- Timing chain tensioner seals gone and leaking lots of oil, need replacing plus valve cover seals

I have already to made a motion to replace the T-Belt (chain), water pump, and anything else that will wack the motor w/o my attention. After a audi mechanic quoted me $2500 to fix all this, my wife has taken the car to get a second opinion through our business connections. At least we have both agreed we will keep the car which is good for me.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:11 PM
3rd Gear

Once you get all that stuff done, that car will be solid.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:40 PM
1st Gear

I hope so. Especially since all my wife's friends have to put in their two cents about german cars. [:@]

As for my air suspension, my mechanic found that the "suspension lever" part # 4Z7616571 was bent or not working period. They jimmy rigged it to work for the moment so the ride has returned to normal. I have ordered that new part as well as all the other stuff to be installed next week. Replacing both front CV boots as well. I am doing new cam seals, tensioner gaskets, and valve cover gaskets too. They tell me the t-belt and water pump are fine but I don't trust those parts at all. I will have it done at 60K to avoid any further issues. My mechanic (friend of the wife) is being generous and giving us a killer deal on any labor we need which is a huge help. I willget away will all these repairs for around a $1000 instead of $2500 !!

How can I crack my radio code "safe" issue ? Is there somewhere on the web that has these codes ?

G

Old 07-06-2007, 05:43 PM
1st Gear

What's your opinionof the 2.7T motor head gasket and when it should be done ? If I ad EM, should I do a new head gasket set first ? Are these motors known to blow head gaskets ?

Old 07-06-2007, 05:56 PM
3rd Gear

Not that i know of. Cam seals and timing belt are the only problems i have heard on the cars. and of course the occasional air suspension problem.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:15 PM
1st Gear

Ok, here's the stats :
1.) It was found bymy honest mechanic that I did not need to replace my cam shaft seals or tensioners at this time. No oil was leaking as the previous idiot dealer shop said. All will be done when we do T-Belt at 65K. Got away with $1K total for parts and labor.
2.) I replaced front rotors, pads,cvc boots, and the leveling sensor. I may have to do the rear rotors and pads as last night I tested the brakes and I still got some vibration.
3.) Suspension is back to normal operation but the yellow alert light on the dash will not go out. My ESP switch is not coming on or off either when I push that. Can I use a labtop to run my own diag software for this stuff ? VagCom ? Where can I get the ODBII cable ? I don't have a palm pilot. Car is going to dealer Saturday morning to have the radio code entered and alerts cleared, if possible.

Overall, the wait to get my AllRoad back on the road after buying it was worth it. Strong motor and trans are doing well too as I have been out there lead footin it. [8D]

Going with GIAC EM in the future but I am in no rush at the moment. Me and the wife's mandatory trip to Maui killed that for the moment. I will take some pics and post them soon. What kind of tires is everyone using for this rig ? I want tread that can handle anything includiing ice and snow.

Thanks.....

Old 07-19-2007, 09:12 AM
3rd Gear

the stock tires are good for everything but they are pricey. I just bought a set of proxzies for the car just until i can get some new rims.
They work ok, but they are loud. Dont go low profile either, it makes car look silly!

Old 07-19-2007, 06:59 PM
1st Gear

It has those two piece rims. Strange looking and difficult to clean but whatever. Nope, don't want low profiles as I am like you an plan to take it offroad. It's running on Continentals now. Is this the tire that comes stock ? Checking out your toyo's now.....

Quick Reply: Approved to buy Allroad !