Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Audi Allroad 2.7T 2000 Suspension Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 07:00 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi Allroad 2.7T 2000 Suspension Issues

Hi everyone,
I am completely new in Audi world so I'm gonna need a lot of help.
I bought 2000 Audi Allroad 2.7 T with 119 000 miles on it this week. The car has a full Audi service history and looks absolutely amazing.
When I was buying the car the dealer told me that the car leans a bit when parked but that's normal because of the air suspension and it levels off when started which it does. I kind of thought that was normal cause I've seen it on the other air suspension cars.
Now, what really happens with my car is:
I leave the car parked over night, when I get to it in the morning the front right part of the car is completely leaned on to the wheel or very closed to it. When I switch on the ignition bottom three lights on the adjustment buttons start flashing and the warning light on the dash comes on and stays on until the car is lifted to the first level. It takes minute and a half to lift it's self from 0 - 3rd level.
I would imagine that there is a air leak in the front right air bladder but how can I know if the rest of them are ok. Can I drive like this and how long before something serious happens?
Can someone please shed a bit of light on this matter and give me some solutions to the problem.

Thank you very much. Alem

Old 05-13-2010, 10:00 AM
1st Gear

Anyone??

Old 05-13-2010, 11:03 AM
1st Gear

Read the sticky that is the first post in this Allrad forum - it completely and competently explains your issue.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:25 AM

I have a an 03 allroad and was having the same problem. This past weekend I put tire Slim in the air shock, the green kind. It worked fine.

Rick

Old 06-17-2010, 08:18 AM

Hi. Almost certainly a leak in the air bladder. I had the exact same thing in my 03 allroad. if only pumping up til level 1 and nose is very low still there isn't much suspension avail for safe driving, especially at speed. maybe ok around town only. Bear in mind the compressor will working its little heart out until it overheats. then colls down and runs til it overheats again. This will kill it in the end.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:08 PM
1st Gear

I had the same problem and put Fix-a-flat in the bag. (There is a full thread on this approach.) It worked fine for about 6 months then it finally reached total failure. I purchased a new bag from Arnott Industries for $300 and paid another $80 for install. Had I gone to Audi or even my guy the bag would have cost $700 then another $200 in labor for full install. So first use fix-a-flat and then consider purchasing a new bag from Arnott and just have it at the ready.

Also - to Aiputan this is not a forum to push ed hardry crap so stop it!.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:42 PM
1st Gear

Well I finally had to replace both my bags and in the process found a Arnott discount code worth 10% and is valid until 02/15/2011. During ck out use 74V4-W7D and you'll be credited the 10%.

Now with that said, my car now seems to ride a bit high on Level 1 and 2, does something have to be reset to make the level more in line with what it used to be?

Thanks to all.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:43 PM
1st Gear

How do I fill the bag with the fixaflat stuff? My leak may be too big but its worth a shot.. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:01 AM
1st Gear

If you can actually hear the air coming out then yes it's too big. But to fill with fix a flat do the following after you have it jacked up. BTW - you don't need to take the wheel off. Also you can download this as a reference - http://www.arnottindustries.com/part...17_pid124.html

1. Use a 10mm open end and remove the air hose.
2. Cut off the end of the Fix a flat tube to remove the filler cap
3. The tube will fit inside the small hole
4. Now very slowly fill the bag using 2 to 3 second bursts of the fix-a-flat. If you fill it up all at once it will blow right back out and and make one hell of a mess. Some suggest a half a can I used a full can.
5. Once full reattach the hose and let it fill back up.

Thats pretty much it. It takes about 30 min and bring lots of towels.

good luck

Old 08-25-2010, 12:56 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AustinGuy
If you can actually hear the air coming out then yes it's too big. But to fill with fix a flat do the following after you have it jacked up. BTW - you don't need to take the wheel off. Also you can download this as a reference - http://www.arnottindustries.com/part...17_pid124.html

1. Use a 10mm open end and remove the air hose.
2. Cut off the end of the Fix a flat tube to remove the filler cap
3. The tube will fit inside the small hole
4. Now very slowly fill the bag using 2 to 3 second bursts of the fix-a-flat. If you fill it up all at once it will blow right back out and and make one hell of a mess. Some suggest a half a can I used a full can.
5. Once full reattach the hose and let it fill back up.

Thats pretty much it. It takes about 30 min and bring lots of towels.

good luck
Thanks a lot. The airhose connection is located on top of the airshock in the engine compartment, correct?

Quick Reply: Audi Allroad 2.7T 2000 Suspension Issues