Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Cold weather - air suspension issue.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 08:54 PM
1st Gear
Default Cold weather - air suspension issue.

Last year I had new Arnott's second generation air springs installed on my 2002 battlewagon, been enjoying them. But recently something weird has been going on when it gets cold. While I'm not 100% sure at what temperature it occurs, my guess is it as around freezing or below. What happens is after parking the car overnight when it gets cold, I come out in the morning and the vehicle is kneeling on the passenger side only. When I parked it was set at 3, in the morning the driver's side is still 3 but the passenger side is at 1 or less. Clearly something's leaking but when I start it up it returns to 3 (or whatever), all is well for the rest of the day. If the temp is above freezing, this doesn't happen.

Luckily I live when it only gets below freezing maybe a dozen times a year so I don't see this happening often. Any idea where the leak could be occurring and why when it is cold? I'm thinking maybe an air line shrinks a bit but that is only a guess.

B