Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Audi allroad air ride suspension elimination kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 07:07 PM
1st Gear
Old 02-02-2011, 10:48 AM
1st Gear
Default allroad air spring elimination kit

For those that are hell bent on replacing their air suspension, Arnott Industries has engineered a complete kit. The regular price is $1495.00 + shipping. The kit is currently on sale for $1199.00 + shipping. Their kits are of exceptional quality and come with everthing that you will need to make the conversion. Here is the link: http://www.arnottindustries.com/part...17_pid124.html

You can mess around with trying to engineer your own system, but I have used there products with excellent results. Don't waste you time with the engineering your own route. You won't save any money in the end and you system will not come with a Lifetime Warranty. I hope that this helps.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:53 AM
1st Gear

AIR SUSPENSION COIL SPRING CONVERSION KIT are also available through Amazon for $979.85 + $101.50 shipping. Total = $1081.35

http://www.amazon.com/2001-ALLROAD-Q...6744441&sr=8-2

Originally Posted by irabu1
For those that are hell bent on replacing their air suspension, Arnott Industries has engineered a complete kit. The regular price is $1495.00 + shipping. The kit is currently on sale for $1199.00 + shipping. Their kits are of exceptional quality and come with everthing that you will need to make the conversion. Here is the link: http://www.arnottindustries.com/part...17_pid124.html

You can mess around with trying to engineer your own system, but I have used there products with excellent results. Don't waste you time with the engineering your own route. You won't save any money in the end and you system will not come with a Lifetime Warranty. I hope that this helps.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:59 AM
1st Gear
Default Arnott 10% off coupon code - 74v4-w7d

This coupon works for 10% OFF on their site. In case you want their air suspension replacement kits. Shipping is reasonable for how heavy the parts are.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:16 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Allroady
Hello Everyone - I have received many emails from my fellow Audi enthusits wanting more detailed information and pictures. I have put together a Kit that includes all of the necessary items and a "How To" with pictures. Please email me if you are intrested in receiving one. Recently my cam chain tensioner failed and allowed my valves to meet the pistons. Ouch. So...now I'm saving up to rebuild the head. Donations for the air ride suspension fix kit are appreciated. ; ) Email airridefix@gmail.com if interested.

P.S. Although the car is not drivable at the moment, my fix to the air ride bags has worked. The bags have not deflated or leaked in the month the car has been sitting in the garage. That puts us at 13 months (about 12,375 miles) of not having to replace the air ride bags. : )

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have owned my Allroad 2003 for 4 years. I started noticing the car was sitting lower in the front. It started slowly with the driver's side then progressed to the passenger side. Eventually getting to the point that if the car was left parked, the bags would totally deflate and I would hear the compressor running most of the time when driving the car.

I did some research and saw that many people were having the same issue. I found some basic directions for pulling the (Air Spring) bladder out and decided to give it a try. I had visions of inflating the bladder in a bucket of water to find the leak(s). However I was stopped dead in my tracks by a stuck pinch bolt. I then read horror stories about this bolt...breaking, getting stuck, etc. I also didn’t want to spend $1,500.00 - $3,500.00 to have the dealer repair the bladders.

Then a moment of pure genius struck... I thought, well, the bladder probably has a hole in it. The bladder is made of flexible rubber just like an inner tube - I wondered if I could inject some Slime tire selant into the air bladder?

Well I'm happy to report it worked!!! While it might not be a solution for everyone's situation, it seems to be doing the trick for my car.

Here’s how I did it...it was a 20 minute operation and cost 10 bucks!!!!

I jacked the car up, disconnected the 10mm air fitting at the top of the shock, used a small plunger type syringe to squirt 6 ounces of Slime tire sealant into each bladder, reconnected the air fitting. I then drove the car around on various settings to help the Slime liquid coat the inside of the bladder. Slime is a thick liquid with microscopic fibers in it. It works by getting into the hole(s) and the fibers then bind to "patch" the hole. I don't know how large the holes in my bladder were, but, I have been driving the car for 7 months now after this fix without issue with the bladders. I believe this fix will continue working for quite some time and will keep you posted.

I was so excited to see it work, I had to share this fix! Good Luck and let me know if it works.

Nathan
So last week I tired this method to attempt to fix my sagging rear airbags. I put about 3oz in each side reconnected the airline ran though the settings seemed to be holding up and working great. I had been keeping it in setting 3 to give the slime a chance to dry and not seep back into the air lines. Then a couple of days ago I got the car up to 50mph the car tried to go down on it's own and it wouldn't. I kept driving and one side was just sagging and wouldn't go back up. So I pulled over and went through all the settings to try and shake it out of whatever it was doing and that only made it worse. The front end starting sagging and the back end wouldn't seem to come down. Over the weekend rear end started to come down but one side is still pretty high. So now no air is getting to any of the bags and the car will not go up or down. The lines are clearly clogged from the green slime. I am going to attempt to disconnect them and blow them clean but I'm afraid it's going to happen again and now I'm completely screwed and I have to replace the bags.

Now I can't be the only one on here that has tried this "quick fix" and ran into this problem. Has anyone else here ran into a similar problem and what have you done to fix it? I run into enough problems with this car and it seems like I always have to fix something. Now this was clearly a bad idea and now I'm worse off than I was before.

Thanks in advance for any feed back i receive.

Tom

Old 02-19-2011, 04:20 PM
1st Gear

Hello Everyone, so late last year I bought a very nice used 2005 Allroad 2.7. I like the car quite a bit aside from the horrible mileage (about 22 mpg).

The air suspension seems to be not working in the front. When I push the button to raise up the car the front doesn't seem to go up much or at all, but the rear seems to rise noticeably. I like the idea of replacing the air suspension with something that makes the ride a bit more sporty... now the car's ride is quite soft but it does sort of an odd hop at highway speed when i'm cornering. The back end feels like it kicks out a bit. I'm wondering if this is the saggy suspension. Does anyone else have this feeling of some instability?

Also the Arnott coil suspension and the Sport suspension they make... do they replace the air system entirely? When installing to you remove all the air system including the compressor? Does the non-air suspension firm up the ride noticeably?

thanks
Dave

Old 02-22-2011, 05:53 PM
1st Gear
Default suspension compressor - run time frequency

Folks,
You all probably know that when the airbags start to give out the compressor begins to run overtime in an effort to keep the leaking airbag fully inflated to the correct pressure. Well I'm wondering if I'm getting to that point.

I've already had the Arnott airsprings installed in the front L+R and have been very happy for about 6 months, over the past month or so I have noticed the compressor running regularly - first thing in the morning, and during the trip - long or short - I can hear it kick in when I am stopped at a traffic light and it runs for 30secs or so and then when I get back home it runs again.

I do not have the sagging suspension which was happening previously when the front airbags went out.

Any ideas if this is normal compressor operation. If I'm being paranoid because of my previous experience. How often should I expect to hear the compressor run?

Thanks

Old 02-22-2011, 05:58 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Ontheflooraudi
So last week I tired this method to attempt to fix my sagging rear airbags. I put about 3oz in each side reconnected the airline ran though the settings seemed to be holding up and working great. I had been keeping it in setting 3 to give the slime a chance to dry and not seep back into the air lines. Then a couple of days ago I got the car up to 50mph the car tried to go down on it's own and it wouldn't. I kept driving and one side was just sagging and wouldn't go back up. So I pulled over and went through all the settings to try and shake it out of whatever it was doing and that only made it worse. The front end starting sagging and the back end wouldn't seem to come down. Over the weekend rear end started to come down but one side is still pretty high. So now no air is getting to any of the bags and the car will not go up or down. The lines are clearly clogged from the green slime. I am going to attempt to disconnect them and blow them clean but I'm afraid it's going to happen again and now I'm completely screwed and I have to replace the bags.

Now I can't be the only one on here that has tried this "quick fix" and ran into this problem. Has anyone else here ran into a similar problem and what have you done to fix it? I run into enough problems with this car and it seems like I always have to fix something. Now this was clearly a bad idea and now I'm worse off than I was before.

Thanks in advance for any feed back i receive.

Tom
Sorry to hear of your issues with the slime - I tried it and have posted my experiences. I never had clogged lines to my knowledge. Its hard to imagine the slime getting that far into the lines when it is under such pressure inside the bag.
It might be your compressor is starting to give out.
Just a thought.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:38 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by shamfeen
Sorry to hear of your issues with the slime - I tried it and have posted my experiences. I never had clogged lines to my knowledge. Its hard to imagine the slime getting that far into the lines when it is under such pressure inside the bag.
It might be your compressor is starting to give out.
Just a thought.

The compressor had just been replaced. What i did to resolve this was I disconnected all the lines and cleared out as much as I could with an air gun. It actually took a few times of connecting a disconnecting to get all if it out. It actually started to gum up in the suspension control regulator so I took some rubbing alcohol to that and it it with the air gun too.

So now the system seems to be running fine but every time I deflate my bag i fear more of it is going to come back into the lines. But i believe most of it is already out.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:09 PM
1st Gear
Smile All Road Air Suspension Leak Fix!

Well, thanks to Nathan (and those following for being the guinea pigs!) I now have a balanced 2004 Allroad - no saggy corners, after about 30 minutes spanner work and a skoosh with TyreWeld. I only bought the car recently and had been concerned about the front suspension dropping ovenight, I checked out this forum and can only say thanks!!!!!!
The car was dropping /at the front after about 8 hours, the drivers side being the worst, and the compressor ran for 15-20 seconds every morning on start up.
I removed both front wheels, split a small can of 'TyreWeld' into the air inlet holes at the top of the bladders, pumped up to level 3 and went for a drive. Checked out at level 4 - all ok after an hour. All levels work up and down, now 36 hours later the car is still sitting proud at level 3.
Magic!
thanks again
Stuart

Quick Reply: Audi allroad air ride suspension elimination kit