Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Installed new suspension compressor, audi still not lifting

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 11:30 AM
1st Gear
Default Installed new suspension compressor, audi still not lifting

Hello everyone,

New to this forum and found plenty of useful info, unfortunately couldn't pin point my problem.

Just a little back info its 2002 Audi Allroad (Love it, my wallet just doesn't)

Ive had it for about 2 years

1st year I replaced the front air bags (went with the Arnott)
This year, 2nd year I replaced the rear end bags (again went with Arnott)
They caused my compressor to work extremely hard by keeping up so i knew replacing the compressor was coming.
About a 3 weeks ago the compressor went out and finally I installed a new one (went with Arnott) problem is it still wont lift. Ive done the common sense thing and triple checked all my connections to the compressor to make sure i wasn't missing something, Checked my lines to make sure there are no kinks of any sorts but I'm still sitting low, I am a beginner with my Allroad so still learning. Is there something I am missing a relay or fuse that could help? would appreciate any feedback/suggestions. Not sure if this matters but it did sit for the 3 weeks as I was waiting to buy the pump, did not drive it just parked it.

Thank You

Old 06-18-2014, 07:52 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jonathon90
Hello everyone,

New to this forum and found plenty of useful info, unfortunately couldn't pin point my problem.

Just a little back info its 2002 Audi Allroad (Love it, my wallet just doesn't)

Ive had it for about 2 years

1st year I replaced the front air bags (went with the Arnott)
This year, 2nd year I replaced the rear end bags (again went with Arnott)
They caused my compressor to work extremely hard by keeping up so i knew replacing the compressor was coming.
About a 3 weeks ago the compressor went out and finally I installed a new one (went with Arnott) problem is it still wont lift. Ive done the common sense thing and triple checked all my connections to the compressor to make sure i wasn't missing something, Checked my lines to make sure there are no kinks of any sorts but I'm still sitting low, I am a beginner with my Allroad so still learning. Is there something I am missing a relay or fuse that could help? would appreciate any feedback/suggestions. Not sure if this matters but it did sit for the 3 weeks as I was waiting to buy the pump, did not drive it just parked it.

Thank You
Is the suspension error light constantly on?

if it is on the compressor will not start at all until the reason is fixed,

if the light is on solid, we need a fault code read

regards

Andy

Old 04-01-2016, 02:11 PM
1st Gear

sorry to hijack but I got a compressor from Suncore. The compressor had a pigtail connection instead of the receptacle on the housing - will this compressor still work by splicing wires or did they sell me a non compatible compressor?

Old 04-02-2016, 10:18 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AllWorld
sorry to hijack but I got a compressor from Suncore. The compressor had a pigtail connection instead of the receptacle on the housing - will this compressor still work by splicing wires or did they sell me a non compatible compressor?
If the compressor looks the same then you could cut and splice the wires, but this may void a warranty, is it a wabco compressor you purchased?

Old 04-06-2016, 03:56 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bagpipingandy
If the compressor looks the same then you could cut and splice the wires, but this may void a warranty, is it a wabco compressor you purchased?
I confirmed the warranty would still be good and proceeded to splice - but now I just get the lights on the dash - the green level lights come on like it should be pumping up the bags but nothing happens then the yellow fault light comes on - and no activity from the compressor - it looks the same as the WABCO - just has that pigtail. the tech support from SUNCORE told me their product was YELLOW wire for power and BROWN wire for ground - that's as far as I went so far... I forgot to mention - I left the key in it and the battery died once before this install...

Last edited by AllWorld; 04-06-2016 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:16 PM
1st Gear

Sorry - again - found one of the plugs loose - compressor has power - carry on - until next time!

Old 06-12-2017, 04:40 AM
1st Gear

Hello helpful Audi owners!
I'm new to this forum and wondered if anyone can help with a suspension fault I have with my 2007 217,000m Audi allroad A6 C6. Normally have it sitting on the comfort setting, went to raise it to allroad,compressor kicked in and then stopped! Yellow flashing dash light came on, car suspension display still showing two blocks- then scale greyed out! New bags on the back 2016.
Anyone help? I have purchased the refurbish kit for the compressor and replaced piston seal and o ring, but I still seem to have the same problem.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:52 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Thefraser5
Hello helpful Audi owners!
I'm new to this forum and wondered if anyone can help with a suspension fault I have with my 2007 217,000m Audi allroad A6 C6. Normally have it sitting on the comfort setting, went to raise it to allroad,compressor kicked in and then stopped! Yellow flashing dash light came on, car suspension display still showing two blocks- then scale greyed out! New bags on the back 2016.
Anyone help? I have purchased the refurbish kit for the compressor and replaced piston seal and o ring, but I still seem to have the same problem.
Hi,

is car level or sunk down low at any corner?

is error light flashing or on solid?

if light flashes if you turn on ignition how long does the compressor run for?

let us know and we can help

regards

Andy

Old 06-13-2017, 04:03 AM
1st Gear
Default Suspension problem

Hi Andy,
I managed to drill out the bolt on the compressor and fitted your kit.
I replaced the compressor on the car, but still have that"not lifting issue"! The car does not sink at any corner, the yellow light flashes on the dash, then the scale greys out! Still sitting with 2 blocks on the scale.
Took it back of the car stripped it down again, noticed a few metal filings still in the cylinder, cleaned and re assembled. Hooked up 12v bty seems to work okay, no idea of pressure though?
Might have to take it to Inverness to get codes read.

Old 06-13-2017, 03:02 PM
1st Gear

a good test for the compressor is try to block the output with your finger, a good compressor will blow airpast your finger after about 7 seconds running,

when the error light flashes does the compressor run? and how long does the compressor run for?

let us know

regards

Andy

Quick Reply: Installed new suspension compressor, audi still not lifting