Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Just added an ALLROAD to the fleet!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 12:31 PM
1st Gear
Default Just added an ALLROAD to the fleet!

I just bought this 2001 ALLROAD with 151,000 miles on it. Am I nuts! I just wanted a simple, cheap and reliable winter beater and now I have this behemoth LOL.

It's actualy in really nice shape, can carry lots of wheels, has heated seats and, as of yesterday, proper winter tires. They only thing I guess it can't do is tow the race cars and avoid blowing up. We will see. Of course, being a bit long in the tooth it does come with a few issues. Maybe you can advise:

The tailgate is a bit bashed in. I can get a used replacement locally and it looks like an easy swap, at least mechanically. How much of the car am I going to have to dismantle to disconnect the wiring though?

I'm also missing some center caps for the wheels. Anyone got any lying around?

It only came with one key. What are my chances of getting to a remote and second key situation?

Apart from that there are just a few minor things: one of the rear windows doesn't go up, the electric mirrors don't work, the headlights lenses are cloudy, the wiper blades are shot and the drivers door lock seems as if it's going to be an issue in the cold.

Otherwise I'm looking forward to driving this beast this winter. Just hope it doesn't turn into another project.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:49 PM
1st Gear

I'm also looking for a free workshop manual download if anyone knows where there might be one.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:22 PM
1st Gear

Nice looking allroad 2.7t.

I got some keys for mine, try this;
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/all...n-keys-211488/

Try these numbers for the remote key; part# 4DO 837231 M
FCC ID; MYT8Z0837231

Sorry, but I think you did get a "project", but not a very costly one I hope.

Does it already have a tow/receiver installed. I've looked into those and they can be somewhat difficult and costly.

Enjoy it as much as you can, and get some good synthetic oil into it.
TC

Old 11-29-2014, 11:09 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by DOC ODDY
Nice looking allroad 2.7t.

I got some keys for mine, try this;
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/all...n-keys-211488/

Try these numbers for the remote key; part# 4DO 837231 M
FCC ID; MYT8Z0837231

Sorry, but I think you did get a "project", but not a very costly one I hope.

Does it already have a tow/receiver installed. I've looked into those and they can be somewhat difficult and costly.

Enjoy it as much as you can, and get some good synthetic oil into it.
TC
Thanks for the key info. I'll look into that. FYI I don't intend towing anything with this, that's what the RALIVAN is for.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:20 PM
1st Gear

Awesome!

You should have NO trouble figuring out the allroad with toys like that!

TC

Old 11-30-2014, 10:19 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by doc oddy
awesome!

You should have no trouble figuring out the allroad with toys like that!

Tc
Thanks. The 911 is quite simple, a pleasure to work on, the Quattro is a pain to work on and the RALIVAN hardly ever needs any work.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:04 AM
1st Gear

Lights, cloudy and gray.

Now all minty clean and zero cavities

Old 12-06-2014, 01:59 AM
1st Gear

I did a trunk hatch swap a while ago and I remember the hardest part was removing all of the trim (especially without breaking it). Here's a video I found with a quick search

From what I've seen, center caps aren't cheap (hoping someone can correct me with a good source) and looking at the pic, I would check the CV joints. Looks like the car has a few miles and I wouldn't be surprised if it had a torn boot. I just replaced mine last week.

Enjoy! They're great cars if you can work on them.l

Old 12-06-2014, 09:23 AM
1st Gear

Thanks Audibigot.

trim is off already. Some was broken which gave me the clues as to how it was attached. How did you handle the wiring?

Boots were done not too long ago. The last two years of repairs were more than I paid for the car!

Old 12-07-2014, 03:49 PM
1st Gear

For the wiring, I just followed all the individual sets to their connectors disconnected them and threaded it out the top. Granted I did this a while ago, but is there a more specific wiring questions?

I hear you about repairs. I was stoked because I finally started putting some upgrades on the car and not just repairs. Just installed 4 Rigid Dually lights in the lower grill. I swear they're brighter than my xenons!

Quick Reply: Just added an ALLROAD to the fleet!