Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Need An Opinion On Conversion Kits.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:11 PM
1st Gear
Default Need An Opinion On Conversion Kits.

I have a 2005 Audi Allroad.

I have replaced, it seems, every damn part of the air suspension system. When it collapsed the last time my mechanic said it was the line connecting the compressor in the trunk with the front assembly. A repair that would cost me $150 in parts and $1000 in labour.

I have no idea if this is fair. I have no idea if this is even what actually is wrong or whether they don't want to fess up and admit that they screwed up the job last time. [L&M Mechanics in Brooklyn if anyone knows them.]

What I do know is that I am sick and tired of walking out to my car in the morning and seeing it slumped in the front.

Initially I would turn the car on and after a couple of minutes the compressor would kick in and the car would elevate. Then last week, it just gave up, the front tires rubbing the wheel wells.

I'm very ambivalent about replacing another piece in a system which has done nothing but cost me money. On the other hand, I've already sunk a fortune into the suspension [maybe $4000 already]. I'm tempted by these coil conversion kits--blau parts, arnott, strutmasters, etc.

Can anyone vouch for them? Is one better than the other? Would it actually be worth it to replace the air line and assume that I could finally get this machine working as it was intended to?

Anyone with a clear, informed opinion please chime in.

I am lost, bewildered and pissed off.

-- jp --