Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

2004 A4 Avant, 1.8T, manual, London, Ontario

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 06:23 PM
1st Gear
Default 2004 A4 Avant, 1.8T, manual, London, Ontario

I have a 2004 Audi A4 Avant (wagon) with about 205,000 kms on the clock. 1.8T, manual tranny, quattro (like all Avants). I'm leaving Canada. The target price is > C$2500. The car will be available only between 14 and 17 May for viewing/driving/etc. -- after that, I'll sell it fast to someone who's offered me the $2500. I feel that is a little low, but not by a lot. This is as is -- I'm out of time to make it all good.

It's been mechanically well maintained -- religious oil changes, fluid leaks addressed always, timing belt, water pump, and so on. New brake cable and so on last year -- really, anything that went wrong, I just paid it. The first owner had it all dealer-serviced, and drove it from Barrie to Toronto's Bay Street regularly (I bought it with like 179k on the clock and it was only 3 years old). I had it serviced at the dealers in Toronto, Kitchener, and London until I found Autobahn in London. I don't have a garage, so it's been outdoors for several years in both Toronto and London, and so there's some rust: LF fender blisters at the rim, two small streaks at the lip of the hood (from dings), and a >toonie-sized blister on the rear deck. The electrical stuff all works. It's a pretty standard A4 Avant from the period, with 17" wheels and the big front brakes. I have summer wheels (5-spoke repros with Bridgestone all seasons, about 18k kms on) and winter (6-spoke stock A4 17" wheels, Michelin snows, 2 winters, <10k kms) to be included. There are a couple interior annoyances, but it's in good shape except for the mud tracked in from the dogs (mostly, there was a sling for them, but it wasn't perfect).

It needs, I think, rear brakes for safety, but is otherwise fine. It'd make an excellent winter car, a great project car for someone on a budget with access to a garage and who was handy, or a brilliant parts car. My mechanic is offering me C$2500 as is. I'm moving away to the US, so I have to ditch the car; otherwise, I'd drive it into the ground. It'll be available for inspection/driving/offers from 14 to 17 May in London. I have the used car information package; an apparently reasonably-priced body shop, from their prior quote to me, is around the corner, so you can go to them for an estimate of fixing the rust if you like. If it's not sold by the time I'm ready to leave the country, my mechanic gets it. If you only offer me $2500, my mechanic gets it anyway -- I like him, he's been nice to me, and I hope he is there in a few years when I come back to Canada. Still, if someone wants to give me more cash for it, I'll take it.

Because I'm an old-timey car guy, I have the VAG-COM for this (9-pin serial interface in this case) and the factory manual (though I don't work on the car any more except sometimes to change the tires in the unlikely event that I have time). I'll throw them in cheerfully. You need Windoze for both of these things to be useful. I have an ancient VAIO laptop with a useless battery that I use for the VAG-COM in case you want it too. It has WinMe or something on it -- don't put it on your network!

Attached Thumbnails 2004 A4 Avant, 1.8T, manual, London, Ontario-img_0399.jpg   2004 A4 Avant, 1.8T, manual, London, Ontario-img_0398.jpg   2004 A4 Avant, 1.8T, manual, London, Ontario-img_0397.jpg   2004 A4 Avant, 1.8T, manual, London, Ontario-img_0400.jpg  

Last edited by crankycanuck; 04-27-2013 at 06:27 PM.