Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

99.5 A4 1.8T Quattro 5sp

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 06:07 PM
1st Gear
Default 99.5 A4 1.8T Quattro 5sp

1999.5 Audi 1.8 Turbo Quattro 5 speed manual transmission AEB Engine
VIN WAUCB28DXXA256819 Location: NC
Mileage 123,400
Silver Exterior- Black Leather Interior
A/C - Power Windows/doors/mirrors - Cruise control
SRS Front and Side Airbags
Audi Concert Audio System 5 CD/tape
Heated Seats/mirrors
Moonroof

Purchased car 2 years ago with 98,000 miles with the following mechanical work being performed since then. Have all records since purchase.

At time of purchase the front brake pads and disks had been replaced and new battery installed. A/C service was also performed. Left front cv axle replaced.

Electric Fan replaced
Rear window regulator
A4 Floor Mats from dealer
Brake/Clutch switches
Fuel/Air/Pollen filters
Cruise control Module tested and OK.
Ignition Control Module replaced
One Coil pack replaced
Both headlight bulbs
Front Control arms replaced by dealer on tie rod recall
Tires at least 75%
Complete Rebuilt engine head at 121,000 miles included cam tensioner and all gaskets (head, intake, exhaust, valve cover, plug etc.) new injector seals and anything that looked old was replaced.
Timing Belt and tensioners (upgraded tensioners).
Cam Sensor
Water Pump/Thermostat/Fan Clutch/Antifreeze
Spark Plugs
All new belts
Rear brake disks and pads
Oil cooler replaced
Turbo valve replaced with 710N valve upgrade
New factory down pipe
New High Flow Catalytic Converter (Random Technologies), 300 cell cat (no engine lights, operates great-all new hardware/gaskets).
ABS Module rebuilt by Module Masters 5 year warr. @124k. Front ABS sensor also replaced.
All service oil changes with Mobil 1 synthetic-trans/diff fluids changed.
3/07 emissions inspection
and other little here and there knick knacks
[ul][/ul]

There is 1 problem with the car
1) Cruise control does not work (common on A4) – switch is problem -$140 - hadn't got to it yet

Asking Price: $8,285 KBB private party hi-due to major engine work-car runs great
selling due to new job will have to get wagon or SUV for travel-have been quoted $7.4 k on trade
e-mail if interested: gkarag@bellsouth.net

Old 05-24-2007, 07:54 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: 99.5 A4 1.8T Quattro 5sp

Everyone thinks major engine work is a good thing when a lot of times it isn't. In my book, it is a reason to lower the price, not up the price even though to you it was very expensive. That work brings the price at best up to what it would be normally (not higher) instead of being worth crap due to the engine not running right. Why did you need to get all that work done on the first place?

If you can get that much money trade in for your car with those miles, take it. Audis sell under book anyway. I would price your car around $7500 (fair price, 6500 - 7000 good buyer deal) even with what looks like good maintenance. But you can hope I am wrong.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:48 PM
1st Gear

really dont need your BS because that is exactly what it is. If you think not having a newly rebuilt head with all new timing belts etc. that have been done to the car is not better than not having it done YOU NEED YOUR HEAD EXAMINED! This car runs excellent and that is why I am looking to get a little more for it. If you want to take your chance with one that all this work has not been done go for it. With Audi's (if you know these cars and it seems that you don't) you will have to face most of these issues. So go ahead and spend a thousand less only to turn around and spend another five to fix it. All of this has been done on this car and I would consider it a hell of a deal to whoever gets it. AND u know what? I really dont care if I sell it or not, I've got enough money to buy ten more of these. But since i already have 4 more cars I dont have the time nor the desire to maintain them..

So I would appreciate that you take "your book" and put it where it belongs and keep your sermons to yourself not on this post.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:55 PM
1st Gear

Oh and by the way the reason the head was rebuilt was because the timing tensioner broke and bent the valves. This occured luckily while just backing out of a parking space. Upon inspection of the engine there was absolutely no other damage and the engine was sparkling clean(i.e no sludge whatsoever). THOFF volkswagon/Audi in Raleigh, NC rebuilt the head completely.

I would almost venture t o give a personal warranty on this car, unfortunately peoples driving habits cannot be warranted.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:31 PM
2nd Gear

Take it easy killer, its not my fault your car is overpriced. You are asking absolute top dollar for the car. Even if its in great shape, it is easy to find another one just as good for less.

I won't get into a pissing match with you over who knows more about Audis, but I know what I am talking about. Yes it is very important to look into the timing belt, as well as CA, TREs etc. Anyone that comes to the forum should know about those if they ask or search. With all of that stuff done, you still shouldn't get book value if the buyer shops around.

Having all of that stuff done does keep the price up. Not having the timing belt done lowers your cars worth to around 5500 - 6000. You will get better money for good maintenance, but good maintenance still will never make your car worth over book value, not on an Audi.

And BTW, if the maintenance was really so good, you would have never let that car get to the point where the tensioner broke. If you really knew about Audis you would have changed it much, much earlier. Not knowing about the importance of the TB work makes me question how well the rest of it was treated. Your ignorance of not knowing what needs to be maintained does not make it a well maintained car.

And my price of 7500 isn't that much under what you were asking for it. I did give you credit for the car being in good shape. It just simply isn't worth over 8. But you are rich so you say so why do you care so much about a few hundred bucks, big shot?

Old 05-25-2007, 06:35 PM
1st Gear

I guess thats how I became rich. But what is intruiging me is how you are coming up with your value. KBB private party exc is 8165 and good is 7480. Now if you dont think that this $700 diff. is not a fair assesment considering the work that has been done, you really dont know what you are talking about. Consider a car without all this work done and the kbb value would still be the same. So are you saying that if a car has a brand new engine in it it is not worth more? LOL or even better HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAA! You are in dream land. You are hoping that some kid needs the money. Not here bud. But we really shouldn't worry about that because you sure aren't getting this one, I dont think you can afford it. I'd give it to my daughter before I sell it to you. Unfortunately she doesnt do stick shift.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:41 PM
1st Gear

Yeah got reading the rest of your post. You are maknig alot of assumptions. The reason the tensioner broke was because when I bought the car the dealer had told me that the timing belt was just replaced. But he did not replace the tensioner as which i found out after the fact. So you assumed that maintenance was not done even though it had nothing to do with the tensioner. AND if you read carefully what I said the engine was totally free of sludge (can u guess what that means?) hint:the oil was probably changed regularly. The rest of the fixer uppers are normal audi problems-just like any other car.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:16 PM
1st Gear

I found one for you. This one definitely looks like a better deal.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...&cardist=0

Old 05-26-2007, 02:12 PM
2nd Gear

No as said before, a car without all that work done is worth even less. How did you get so rich if you can't even read?

So the dealer did the TB but not the tensioner. Well then, I hope they did an equally thorough job when they rebuilt your head. Perhaps they didn't feel it was necessary to change all the gaskets and seals. That won't be a problem for the new owner will it?

You know that car you posted has WAY less miles than yours right. He is too high too with the car needing all that stuff but at least he is honest about it.

Cmon man sell me the car. Don't I sound like I really want it.
Your daughter doesn't do stick? Now you have me laughing.