Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

FS: 2000 A4 Avant 1.8TQ Manual (low mileage)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Default FS: 2000 A4 Avant 1.8TQ Manual (low mileage)

Longtime lurker, infrequent poster.

We've decided to buy a new (to us) Audi, so I'm reluctantly selling my 2000 A4 Avant 1.8TQM. I'd prefer to sell it to an AudiForums member in the Boston area.

I am the original owner. Only 77,000 miles. This car runs extremely strong. Never been modded. 5 speed manual transmission (rare for an Avant). Silver with gray leatherette interior. Quattro, climate control, power windows and locks, "Comfort and Convenience" package (power sunroof, auto-dimming mirrors, Homelink system), Cold Weather Package (heated front seats, heated mirrors, expandable ski sack), cargo net, and front mud flaps. Body is in "good" condition - it's got the usual dings/scratches for a 10 year old Boston car - as is the interior. Never been in an accident. Clean title. I've religiously changed the oil every 3-4000 miles, always using a Mann oil filter. Yokohama AS430's with about 25,000 miles are currently mounted on the original 15" factory alloys. Recent work (past 6-12 months) includes rear brakes (pads and rotors), front and rear wheel bearings, a power steering fluid flush and an A/C recharge. The car passed inspection in January (good until January 2011). I just changed the oil and filter (with the recommended Mann filter), re-mounted the summer wheels and tires, and had the steering aligned. I have all service records for the life of the car.

In the interest of full disclosure, here is some work that will need to be done in the near future:
1) Front Brakes (rear brakes were done in December '09);
2) Replacing or rebuilding the ABS control module. The ABS warning light just started to flash recently (it first occurred after 4 straight days of rain, and the warning light has come back on intermittently since then. It's probably a sign that the ABS module is starting to fail. I'm sure you guys can find a used ABS module or have this one rebuilt by ModuleMasters for just a couple hundred dollars.

In addition, the steering wheel is a little squeaky, especially during cold weather (I think it just needs a new bushing), and the display in the instrument cluster is starting to fade (an extremely common problem with Audis of this vintage). Also, you'll probably want to replace the timing belt and tensioner (and the water pump while you're at it) pretty soon.

Bonuses include:
1) a 2nd set of 15" steel wheels mounted with aging Blizzak snow tires.
2) a brand new (purchased directly from an Audi dealer) Symphony Radio/CD/Tape head unit. This replaces the original Symphony head unit that had a problem with the CD player. I will also include the original Symphony head unit.
3) some "still-in-the-package" official Audi rear mud flaps (I just never got around to mounting them). As stated above, front mud flaps are already installed.
4) the aforementioned cargo net - the official Audi OEM cargo net. I love this thing - very useful.

This would be a great car for an enthusiast to mod. It's solid, and just needs work/maintenance that would be expected for a 10 year old Audi.

This car is hard to price - I just don't see any similar cars (1.8TQM Avants) for sale on Cars.com or even Craigslist in the Boston area. Given the low mileage, but also accounting for the issues that I listed above, I'm asking $7000/BO for the car. All reasonable offers considered.

Pictures can be viewed here

If interested, contact me via PM. Only interested in local buyers (Boston area).

Last edited by Boston_Avant; 07-11-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:02 AM

Bump for link to pictures.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:26 AM

Bump.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:34 AM

Bump - make me an offer.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:56 PM
1st Gear
Default Avant

Still have the car?

Old 06-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Default Car has been sold.

Car has been sold locally via CL...but thanks for your interest.