Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

FS: 2001 Audi A4 Quattro Sedan 1.8T Auto

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 07:10 PM
1st Gear
Default FS: 2001 Audi A4 Quattro Sedan 1.8T Auto

I am selling my car because I am at the end of my financial rope. The engine doesn't start. Mechanics say it could either be a cracked head or a blown head gasket. I love the car, and if I were employed now or had a little money saved, I would certainly fix it and continue to enjoy the vehicle. But, I simply don't have the money to even pinpoint the problem, let alone fix it, so I sadly must part with the whole thing before my tags expire in two months.
Details:
2001 Audi A4 Quattro Sedan, automatic trans, roughly 140k miles 1.8T, engine code AWM
Dealer replaced coil packs roughly 5k miles ago, I replaced front and rear pads and rotors with OEM parts roughly 8k miles ago. Oil and filter always changed at 5k mile intervals with full synthetic 0w-40 Mobil1. Recently, the water pump failed and during a single 1.5 mile trip the car overheated drastically - when I went to start it up again the next day it wouldn't start, and it's been that way ever since. I bought a metal water pump/timing belt replacement kit from Pure Motorsport. The parts are listed in this link (it's the "full kit" not the "partial kit") - Performance Parts & Repair Experts for Audi, Porsche, and VW - Timing Belt Kit Audi / VW 1.8T Late AWM - TBKIT003 - also purchased were a replacement oil dipstick tube and an upper breather Y-hose (the little one that always disintegrates); all parts are new and uninstalled and will come with the car. The parts cost $230, but I don't feel like trying to sell them separately.

I'm asking $950, but am open to reasonable offers.

I'm located in Maryland, right by BWI airport. Email me at JSzech@comcast.net for more information or call me at 410-766-3413 (leave a message if nobody answers) to set up a time to come out and look at it.

Pictures of the car - http://www.dropbox.com/sh/rxn8d4xjtyh6r5f/wIf-JIyl47
Pictures of the water pump/timing belt kit parts - http://www.dropbox.com/sh/hst47xv72jsfa0l/K0Lzr7bwhR

EDIT: the rear driver's side spare is on because of a flat tire. The fourth wheel is included, it's just in the trunk

Last edited by mach1head; 06-17-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:40 PM
1st Gear
Default Bump and price edit

Out of time constraints, I'm forced to junk this car if I do not sell it by next weekend. I'd much rather have it go to an enthusiast who could make use of it than a junkyard.

As such, I'm selling the car for $500, all parts included. I've found a "cars for cash" type entity who will offer $425 - obviously I wouldn't give them the $230 water pump/timing belt replacement kit, which would then go on here or ebay.

I'll be quite surprised if nobody expresses interest in such an outrageously cheap fixer-upper or parts car. But then, I won't lose sleep over it...like I said, I'd just rather it go to someone who'll make use of it. Email me or reply.